Workload Planning Manager (Internal Communications)
My client is a large trade distributer of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. This is a brand new role for an internal communications professional to manage and coordinate the messaging going out from their central functions to the branches.
It is a standalone role, however interdepartmental cooperation together with stakeholder engagement is key. The role will have responsibility for a budget around communication materials etc.
- Initiate and engage in two-way internal dialogue with branch teams to share ideas and to get feedback to pass on to internal stakeholders
- Work with all central functions to create internal communications channels to manage and plan branch workload, and to balance workload e.g. be able to prepare for promotions against projects and unplanned events
- Produce the weekly team brief and monthly internal newsletter to enable managers to be fully informed and to brief their teams, all aimed at improving execution and engagement amongst the branch teams
- Network with internal stakeholders from central services functions to help plan in and adjust the timings of their key activities against a calendar of events
- Be a central point of contact for all charity activity and link in with external communications functions to provide consistency of message and community perception.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage and influence senior managers and employees
- Experience and understanding of the business benefit of effective communications
- Experience of writing an internal communications magazine and other internal communications materials would be desirable
- Appreciation of the business impact and effectiveness of a variety of communications tools and techniques (including the use of new media)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Alice Wisbey quoting reference ALW2979.
VMA Direct is part of VMA Group, a global provider of corporate and marketing communications recruitment and training services.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
- 11 August 2014
- 11 September 2014
- Account Executive, Executive (In-House), Junior Press Officer, Press Officer, Senior Account Executive, Writer / Copywriter
- Business to Business, Corporate Communications, Internal Communications, Marketing Communications
- Full Time
- Contract Type
About VMA Group
Since its inception as Vicky Mann Associates in 1978, VMA Group has grown to be the leading global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications