Head of Communications PR & Marketing
Established in 2011, The James Hutton Institute brings a new way of applying excellent science to the business of tackling major global problems of our age by using a wide range of scientific disciplines to engage with a broad and constantly evolving set of research themes. The James Hutton Institute’s strategic agenda is to be a world leader in research and engagement to deliver evidence-based solutions to the global challenges of our time facing land and natural resource use both now and in the future.
About the Role
The Institute is currently in a period of significant change with an ambitious and exciting agenda. We are seeking to appoint a talented and experienced Head of Communications, PR & Marketing who will be responsible for leading and managing the Communications team based across our two sites in Invergowrie, near Dundee, and our Craigiebuckler site in Aberdeen. The focus of the role will be to promote an effective, cohesive approach to communications and external relations, marketing, media management, PR, branding and internal and external stakeholder management. The postholder will have a vital role to play in ensuring the effective implementation and buy-in of a new internal communications strategy while supporting the Institute to meet it strategic objectives over the next 5 years and beyond.
The key responsibilities of the Head of Communications are to:
- Ensure effective implementation of a Corporate Communications strategy to raise the external profile and reputation of the James Hutton Institute
- Use a range of networks and engage with key forums in Government, research and industry, HEI and related sectors.
- Develop a broad and deep organizational understanding of the context and environment within which the James Hutton Institute operates to identify opportunities, to promote the interests of the James Hutton Institute and support the development of the UK science base
- Ensure effective implementation of an internal communications strategy
- Provision of a communications service to market and publicise the James Hutton Institute to public audiences
The successful applicant will have a degree in a relevant communications subject, a post-graduate qualification or other business qualification such as an MBA. As well as being dynamic and influential, the post holder will have strong commercial awareness and a proven track record in leading and managing successful communications strategies whilst driving and implementing change. Knowledge and experience of working within the public sector, scientific, life science or research establishments is desired but not essential, however the post holder must be a senior business manager with leadership qualities and a passion to make a difference. A strong communicator at all levels; the applicant will be able to guide the further development of the brand of the Institute.
The James Hutton Institute will give you all the training, support and continued professional development you need. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please contact our external consultant Mr. Peter Caithness for a first stage confidential conversation on 01382 530159 or (M) 07803 513056 or apply directly with your most recent CV (including the names and addresses of 3 referees) along with a covering letter or supporting statement for the attention of Peter Caithness, Director, Caithness Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information is available on the James Hutton website by accessing the link below where supplementary information about the Institute and the post is available at http://www.hutton.ac.uk/careers/head-communications-pr-and-marketing
Please quote reference number Hutton-46-14 in all correspondence.
Applications will be accepted until noon on Monday 1st September
Panel interview will take place on Tuesday 23rd September 2014
Apply for Head of Communications PR & Marketing
Have a PR Week Jobs account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Research Head of Group / Department Business / Industrial jobs in Scotland
- Full Time Research Head of Group / Department Education jobs in Scotland
- Full Time Research Head of Group / Department Government jobs in Scotland
- Full Time Research Head of Group / Department Environmental jobs in Scotland
- Full Time Research Head of Group / Department Technology jobs in Scotland