Head of Public Relations
As Head of Public Relations you will report directly into the Director of communications. You will be responsible for managing a team of PR professionals including PR Managers, PR Executives and Associates and oversee delivery of overarching company PR strategy including media strategy, regional strategy, devolved nations strategy, and evaluating the success of PR programmes. You will report in the Director of Communications.
The successful candidate will thrive under pressure and take ownership of the company’s narrative and shape strategic decision-making at a senior level, particularly relating to market access and reputation. You will be responsible to shape the wider environment by developing cross portfolio and brand communication strategies which project positive messages in support of overall business goals.
You will conceive and deliver integrated campaigning strategies alongside relevant specialities, including Public Affairs, Corporate Affairs and Strategy.
Other duties will include:
Attracting and retaining, within Roche, the highest calibre PR professionals, providing counsel and guidance to Roche senior leaders on PR approaches and ensuring that PR is represented coherently and with influence throughout the company
Key strategic drivers
The incumbent will ensure that every eligible patient has the opportunity to receive Roche’s innovative medicines and be part of integrated, autonomous teams to develop communications strategies that achieve key mid-long term key business drivers. You will seek to establish Roche UK as the best place to do business in the Roche world and, externally, as an employer of choice and preferred partner.
You will manage and work in partnership with PR agencies and take responsibility for building strong relationships with a wide network of healthcare stakeholders. A creative thinker, with the ability to quickly assimilate and prioritise complex knowledge and translate into exciting, newsworthy communications and have the knowledge to provide guidance to PR team members on media strategies
The incumbent will ensure that relevant areas of the business understand and are counselled on implications of the media environment.
Financial and compliance management
The successful candidate must be able to balance multiple priorities and manage the PR departmental budget and hold responsibly for highly accurate financial management .
It is imperative to lead a culture of compliance within the PR team and wider communications team and act as compliance expert when engaging franchises and functions on communications issues.
Minimum Qualifications required:
- University educated with relevant degree, MBA or related advanced degree in Business a plus
- Extensive Public relations or Communications experience – Pharma experience, not essential.
- Line Management and leadership experience a must with the ability lead, mentor team of public relations executives.
- Proven knowledge of cross media market research and competitive analysis experience.
- Ambitious and self-directed strategic thinking with strong business acumen.
- Creativity, confidence and intuition.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the commitment to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organisation for you. In return we offer a competitive salary plus the excellent benefits you would expect from a blue-chip organisation, including a genuine interest in your development and progression.
To be considered for this position, please apply using the link below.
When completing your application, please ensure you attach an up to date CV and details of your current remuneration package.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Manager (In-House) Financial Services jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Manager (In-House) FMCG jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Manager (In-House) Government jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Manager (In-House) Healthcare jobs in Welwyn Garden City
- Full Time Public Affairs / Policy Manager (In-House) Media and New Media jobs in Welwyn Garden City