Media Relations Manager
Canary Wharf, London
Salary based on skills and experience
When it opens in 2018, Crossrail will bring an additional 1.5 million people within a 45 minute commute of London’s major business and entertainment districts. So, whether they’re going on holiday, climbing up the career ladder, or watching a performer’s career take off, Crossrail will take 72,000 passengers where they need to be, each and every hour. And, with plenty of support and development opportunities, we’ll help you to take your career further too.
We are currently looking for a Media Relations Manager to provide strategic and operational media relations in support of the overall Crossrail communications strategy.
You will promote and defend Crossrail’s reputation with all media including national, London, local, trade, technical and professional; across print, broadcast and new media outlets.
You will develop stories and creative campaign approaches to promote the work, progress, achievements of Crossrail and its employees including innovative approaches to communicating the scale and complexity of Crossrail’s work.
Additionally you will lead on specific communications issues / areas of responsibility as determined by the Head of News and have ability to confidently deputise for Head of News when required.
To succeed in the role you will have the following skills and experience:
- A demonstrable knowledge and experience of managing relations with local, regional, national, international, broadcast and specialist trade media.
- Able to confidently and effectively manage media enquiries and briefings in line with the overall communications strategy and plan.
- Ability to work within a complex organisation and with an understanding of the construction and infrastructure sector and the relevant issues.
- Experience of working with senior business leaders, including up to Chief Executive and Chairman level.
- Experience of working in a matrix’ d organisation with multiple internal stakeholders.
- Advanced communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal, communications and negotiating skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external colleagues; a confident communicator at all levels.
- Ability to produce written material to a high standard in a clear and concise manner, ability to brief effectively on a complex and technical issues.
- Ability to work strategically and tactically, contributing to the overall communications strategy and plan.
For any queries related to this position please contact us by calling 0203 229 9191. Please quote the reference number CS788
We offer a competitive package for all of our roles with some of the best benefits within the industry, including a competitive pension scheme, healthcare and free staff Oyster pass which covers Buses, Tubes, Trams, and DLR.
If you happen to live outside of the London area, we offer a 75% reimbursement option on your annual standard class Rail Season Ticket.
We value the diversity that exists in London and aspire to this being reflected in our workforce.
For further information and to apply, please click on the Apply button to be redirected.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Tuesday 2 September 2014.