Media & PR Officer, Charity – 7 month contract
A fantastic opportunity to join a high profile healthcare charity, for a 7 month contract, as Media & PR Officer. Reporting into the Senior Media & PR Officer, you will play a key role in helping to deliver PR strategies for the charity’s fundraising appeals, in particular the charity’s largest campaign.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Working with other members of the PR team to plan, implement and evaluate PR activities for the charity’s flagship fundraising campaigns and events
- Actively sell in stories to national and regional media building strong relationships with the journalists
- Write, co-ordinate and issue media materials including press releases and statements
- Actively research, identify and create media stories and opportunities to promote the charity’s fundraising campaigns.
- To organise and attend photocalls, press conferences and receptions for all aspects of the charity’s work.
- Assist in identifying and placing case study stories in the media.
- Assist in setting up media interviews and briefing spokespeople.
To be considered for this exciting inhouse charity PR opportunity you will have: -
- At least 18 months PR experience gained from an inhouse or agency environment
- A genuine interest in current affairs and a good knowledge of the health sector
- The ability to take your own initiative and be proactive
- The ability to work autonomously but be a great team player at the same time
- An understanding of media tools such as Durrants and Metrica.
- Social media experience
To be considered for this 7 month contract you must be available to start in September. There is a possibility that this role could be made permanent.