- Immediate vacancy
- Minimum 5 years solid experience in technology/B2B public relations (Agency side)
- Managed a team of min 3 Account Executives
- Has been instrumental in preparing and driving PR plans and campaigns for Clients including costing of those - will ask for examples at interview
- Demonstrate financial experience and accountability
- Strong demonstrable Client management skills as well as team management skills
- A real passion for Public Relations - both traditional and digital and ability to go far beyond tactical thinking and delivery
Responsibilities expected in the role at Active:
- PR Manager needs to possess sound knowledge of a Client’s activity and their industry, in terms of key facts, service/product offering, related industries and competitors to be able to talk to media with confidence when briefing them on Client activity & to gain respect from the Client based on an authoritative stance during meetings, conference calls & various one on one interactions
- PR Manager needs to demonstrate a clear understanding of core PR principles within the FIRST MONTH at Active ranging across tactical & strategic issues and show initiative, solid ideas and provide solid recommendations to management to enhance PR initiatives in place or new ones
- PR Manager will provide a critical role when it comes to being a GUARDIAN on a daily basis to the media outreach campaign roll out, community & industry initiatives where relevant, pursuing bigger picture ideas & driving those – all to ensure the successful & consistent progress of any Client’s PR campaigns (both on a local and regional basis)
- PR Manager needs to be proactive and able to think up PR opportunities for Clients (reading industry & other publications crucial to keep the finger on the pulse on what is happening in the market & what Client’s competitors are doing), keeping track of regional events that relate to Clients businesses and updating Clients & Agency team and initiate recommendations to Client to widen scope of campaign and enhance their PR campaign – PUSH THE BOUNDARIES AND CONSTANTLY DEMONSTRATE TO COLLEAGUES, MEDIA AND CLIENTS THAT THEY ARE STRATEGIC, ALWAYS LOOKING FOR IDEAS & INITIATIVES THAT ARE OUTSIDE THE BOX, ALL WITH THE OBJECTIVE OF ADDING VALUE TO ALL KEY RELATIONSHIPS.
- PR Manager needs to demonstrate solid, competent, and contemporary organizational skills & show leadership and fairness when dealing with team members – there is NO HIERARCHY AT ACTIVE; positions and titles don’t make a good manager, rather respect and leadership do.
- PR Manager is expected to be involved in and drive the engagement process with new Clients inclusive of;
- Defining and agreeing the budget and deliverables that ensure the account is profitable
- Defining, agreeing and drafting the Standard Agency Contract (SAC) with Senior Agency Management and Client
- Defining, understanding and communicating the billing and payment processes with Client that factor in Agency payment terms, cash-flow, time and resource required to follow up and obtain payments
- PR Manager needs to have awareness, understanding and analytical ability when it comes to their Clients, the fees they are paying, monthly deliverables, profitability this represents to their Account Group as well as the Agency through monitoring and management of:
- Deliverables – inclusive of compensation issues
- Effective use of resources available
- Setting and managing Client expectations to facilitate payments and fees levied
- On all areas of finances and financial management, it is the PR Manager’s responsibility to educate their team members and make them aware and uphold what is needed to ensure successful financial management and planning for the account group.
- While you remain hands-on when it comes to tactical work and over-seeing that Account Executives achieve Client deliverables, you will be focusing more on the strategic planning/thinking, project management and Client servicing elements of your Clients campaigns & PR objectives
- Write press release/opinion pieces/Q&As/case studies and also review any written by Account Executive before they are sent to Client for approval
- Possess strong media relations and ties – both with local and regional media (across a wide spectrum of media = dailies/trade/lifestyle etc…)
- Set-up regular meetings with your Clients at which you will proactively input communication plans and display awareness of their products and services as well as key competitors in the region to encourage further activity and billing opportunities
Apply for PR Manager
Have a PR Week Jobs account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.