In-house Head of PR, UK & Ireland - Travel/Luxury
Incredibly exciting role for a Head of PR, UK and Ireland at this luxury travel company, based in Surrey. The role will report into the Marketing Director and manage a Press Officer and PR & Marketing Executive.
It's a fast-paced, ever changing environment, so my client is looking for a dynamic, strategic communicator, preferably with experience both in-house and within an agency.
The role is to ensure maximum positive exposure of key messages for the brand, products and initiatives across target media (consumer, travel and trade press across all channels). This will be achieved through a strategic approach to drive the integration of the PR function into the core communications strategy and by doing so generate greater impact and leverage brand news.
* To ensure that there is regular evaluation of all communications activity and brand performance and that there is focus on continual improvement and best practice.
* To ensure that consumer and trade insights are at the core of planning and decision making
* To exploit rapidly emerging trends in media and consumer behaviour amongst our target audiences
* To develop and own monthly activity plans to deliver results across all sectors of the media and ensure on-going coverage
* To be responsible for all PR channels - editorial, social, events
* To ensure PR communications are translated and exploited where appropriate to generate efficiency and brand consistency
* To be responsible for the performance of the PR Agency
* To ensure that PR activity not only supports brand growth but also focuses on the tactical need to ensure that targets are achieved
* To deliver news and information within tight deadlines and prioritise activity
* Plan news announcements, including internal implications developments that will be reported in the media
* To work with key US contacts to maintain and implement when necessary an effective Crisis Management Programme.
Key experience and skills to include:
* Luxury travel PR experience, preferably within an agency and in-house, with a focus on digital channels
* Previous PR Agency management
* Strong trade media relations
* Experience managing large budgets
* Good presence - able to quickly gain the confidence of senior management
* Innovative with a strong sense of creativity
* Strong writing skills (speech writing and presentations
* Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
* Ability to remain calm and non-confrontational regardless of the situation
* Ability to build relationships, liaise and co-ordinate cross functionally across teams
* Demonstrated success in planning and implementing integrated PR campaigns with a proven impact on the bottom line
Apply for In-house Head of PR, UK & Ireland - Travel/Luxury
Have a PR Week Jobs account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.
About Media Recruitment
Media Recruitment is one of London’s leading PR, communications and marketing recruitment consultancies.