Media Relations Manager - FTC
A well-regarded financial services organisation requires an exceptional Media Relations Manager to join their busy team on a 12 month contract. The role will focus on the development, management and delivery of the organisation's media relations programme (national, regional, online and trade), in both a proactive and reactive capacity. It will also focus on developing relationships with key opinion-formers and industry experts.
- Working with business areas to devise new stories and produce relevant copy across national, regional, trade and online media
- Building and developing strong relationships with target journalists across consumer and financial press
- Briefing spokepeople or acting as spokesperson for media, and representing organisation with key stakeholders
- Acting as an advisor to senior leadership team
- Project managing events and other company projects as required
- Working closely with wider communications team to ensure integrated approach
Key skills & experience:
- Strong organisational skills
- A methodical, outgoing work ethic
- Demonstrable media relations experience, ideally gained within financial services or other regulated industry
- Confidence to gain buy in from stakeholders internally and externally
- Strong copywriting skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Naomi Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NH19400.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.