PR Manager - Switzerland
A Geneva-based global matrix organisation is looking for a tenacious and highly motivated PR Manager to join their prestigious team. If you have previously relished working in a global organisation with varied cultures and are keen to once again manage global brands at a central and local level, then this opportunity could be the ideal fit. As a well-connected and excellent networker, the PR Manager will have with the responsibility for leading the development of earned media and content strategies that will be delivered in-market to drive awareness, revenue and equity for a range of high-profile consumer brands. A proven background in a global consumer arena is absolutely key, with the ideal candidate having a real specialty in the FMCG space or similar.
This role is based near Geneva and reports into the UK. Relocation assistance will be provided for the right candidate.
- Working alongside a high number of internal and external stakeholders, including senior management
- Building close relationships with local markets to ensure that all campaigns are relevant and impactful and, crucially, aligned with brand positioning
- Representing PR at brand planning sessions to embed PR into the marketing mix
- Driving proactive media relations skills
- Ensuring the activation of earned media within priority markets, briefing on the PR campaign concepts, deploying the toolkits, tracking performance against global KPIs and evaluation of results globally
- Partnering with consumer relations colleagues to effectively monitor media and consumer conversations to inform future strategy and plans
- Partnering with content and digital colleagues to ensure synergy and alignment on all plans across the marketing touch points and identifies opportunities to drive stronger execution
- Building and retaining strong relationships with regional communications colleagues to deliver activation plans to support the global campaigns
Key skills & experience:
- Significant background in a consumer FMCG environment
- Excellent networker with the ability to build trusted relationships and partnerships with stakeholders at a strategic level
- Advising senior management
- Strong ability to build close relationships with local markets
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Highly-motivated, solution-oriented team person with the ability to influence and manage others within a matrix organization
- Tenacious and persistent with high personal accountability
- Cultural awareness and ability to work across different business units
- Demonstrable experience of issues and crisis management
- Experience creating and implementing brand communications campaigns
- Fluency in English is essential
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Sophie Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SC19366.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.