Regional Press Officer - Charity
6 days left
- Contract Type
Hugely exciting in-house opportunity for a Regional Press Officer at this highly regarded animal charity, based in Essex. Reporting to the London-based Press Officer, the role will develop and implement comprehensive communications strategies for six Centre’s each, in their surrounding areas.
The RPO will develop excellent relationships with local media, celebrities, opinion formers and other key stakeholders to create PR opportunities and increase public awareness. As a regional extension of the Comms team the role will have responsibility for national and regional media work around the six Centre’s.
The Regional Press Officer will keep each Centre manager informed of all local press and PR activity and ensure that it supports the interests of each Centre as far as possible.
- Identify target audiences within media and public in which to pro-actively communicate key messages
- Cultivate relationships with key members of the regional media, including local news agencies and keep accurate records of regional and local press contacts to share with the PR team
- Research, write and disseminate news stories, features and press releases for regional and national media.
- Develop and maintain good relations with the Centre Manager and relevant staff and keep the Centre apprised of all relevant plans, press activity and social media coverage.
- Supervise the Centre’s Media Assistant to focus weekly PR priorities, discuss potential stories and develop a communications plan.
- In conjunction with the London-based PR team, deal with day-to-day enquiries from local and regional press and broadcast media and assist with press inbox enquiries.
- Develop and agree celebrity focused opportunities with the Ambassador Relations Manager and then implement and administer them locally.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum of 2 years significant previous experience in a Press Office role
- Charity or not-for-profit sector experience desirable but not essential
- Track record of successful media relations, either in-house or agency
- Ability to manage campaigns using initiative and to drive these from start to finish
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with good attention to detail
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues, journalists and external contacts
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills, with an ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Creative, with a good eye for a story and the ability to develop a strong media hook.
- A full UK driver’s license is essential as significant travel will be required for the role.
Apply for Regional Press Officer - Charity
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly