External Communications Manager
5 days left
- Contract Type
A prestigious financial services group with a strong emphasis on corporate responsibility is looking for a broadly skilled External Communications Manager to be part of their integrated marketing communications team. If you are an enthusiastic team player with bags of ideas and the desire to implement them for a respected FS specialist, this could be the ideal opportunity for you. Their ideal candidate would be someone with a credible financial services background and lots of drive to deliver a full PR service within a small but very effective team. Reporting into the Group Head of, you will be tasked with a range of different projects, from developing and managing communications plans, to providing a proactive and reactive press office service. As such, you will need to be a flexible, proactive self-starter with the ability to execute a high level of accuracy in a timely manner. If you would relish the opportunity to really make your mark within a company of motivated, creative and initiative-taking team players, then please get in touch below.
- Providing a daily proactive and reactive press office service
- Developing and delivering integrated external communications plans for sectors throughout the business
- Developing excellent relationships with journalists across a range of sectors, and stakeholders throughout the business
- Crafting news-driven content that includes press releases, digital content and editorial
- Providing media handling advice to senior stakeholders and spokespeople
- Making a significant contribution to an increase in awareness
- Managing the media training programme across the business
- Attending media interviews and press meetings in London
Key skills & experience:
- A financial services or professional services background (agency or in-house)
- Experience with proactive and reactive press handling and positioning of key stakeholders in the wider media
- An excellent network of journalists across all media
- Strong written skills, capable of adapting to consumer as well as B2B audiences and across channels
- Significant experience of using digital channels to generate earned media
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong business and financial media contacts with experience in building and maintaining relationships with senior stakeholders
- A strong understanding of financial services
- Must be able to attend media interviews and press meetings in London
- Highly articulate, with the ability to inspire confidence in internal stakeholders and peers
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Natalie Charlesworth at email@example.com quoting reference NC19378.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Apply for External Communications Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly