Senior Digital &Social Strategist
Cohn & Wolfe, a global communications agency, builds brands and corporate reputations through an uncompromising commitment to creativity. The agency’s strategic approach unearths fresh, relevant insights leading to communications solutions that deliver measurable business success.
Cohn & Wolfe is part of WPP (Nasdaq: WPPGY), the world's largest communications services group.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a highly talented digital and social media communications specialist who will join our Digital Team to lead key workstreams (paid, data and analytics) to achieve a market leading position in Digital and Social Media for Cohn & Wolfe in the UK and EMEA region.
The role will be dual focused with a responsibility to footprint the UK digital offer by working with existing clients. It will also involve the cultivation of new business opportunities within Cohn & Wolfe, the WPP network and through external networks.
We are looking for a candidate that demonstrates a true entrepreneurial spirit, who thrives on business development and is passionate about being regarded as an outstanding client counsellor. The successful candidate will act as a bridge between practices, technology partners and markets and will interlink client opportunities in a seemingly effortless way.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A digital and social strategist, with fully rounded skills and extensive experience, both Agency and in house. Fluent in all manner of research, willing and able to dig into data to make a point using a suite of industry and analytical tools.
- Strategic vision, able to demonstrate experience of decoding complicated briefs and translating into digitally driven ideation and delivery.
- Experience of developing content for healthcare media and translating scientific content for a variety of audiences.
- Experience in managing 3rd party relationships and working with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships within a diverse and sometimes conservative client base
- Working knowledge of CMS systems and understanding of web design and build processes
- Understanding of and desire to keep up with new developments in the digital & social space
- Ability to contribute to digital training programme for digital, practice and executive teams in order to spearhead our full transformation into an integrated agency.
- Nurture and develop digital talent and support ongoing ‘digitalisation’ of Cohn & Wolfe through a commitment to training & support of organisational development.
- Cultural curiosity, with a deep and abiding interest in the patterns and trends that are shaping local culture and appreciation for what that means for Cohn & Wolfe, clients, brands and consumers.
- Digital integration, must be expert at talking to clients and partners about digital and technical opportunities, and have the ability to drive work that helps Cohn & Wolfe demonstrate that we put digital life at the centre of our ideas and communications, with a strong focus on integration.
- Proactive and someone who jumps in to do what needs to be done and works as part of a team.
- Support agency induction and orientation process placing digital capability at the heart of digital and core account-handling role.
- Account profitability experience of how to maintain account profitability through effective team service levels, time analysis and direct cost recovery.
- Strong project management skills and experience (budget, scope, time, risk & quality management) working across web and social media programmes for large, multi-national accounts and projects.
- Improve team productivity through coaching, regular constructive feedback, process improvement and effective leadership.
- Support the account teams to identify the right digital resources for programme execution.
- Work with our design/development partners to bring the digital concepts to life.
- Work with head of digital to develop product & service offerings including practice-specific offerings and consistent digital/social ways of working applicable to all teams.
- Demonstrate expert understanding of how to work with digital influencers – ideally including patient advocacy and professional health groups – to build ongoing relationships, generate buzz, and increase share-of-voice around client or disease awareness campaigns
- Support practice teams to maximise the amplification and reach of PR and content-led programmes through the use of paid media, including social advertising and content syndication.
- Develop strong relationships with technology partners and social media platforms to identify potential areas of collaboration to support client work and new business
Business Development (Existing Clients)
- Proactively cross sell existing skills; up sell skills; networking within clients to establish new clients
- Deliver company creds knowledgeably, showing an in depth understanding of the agency’s full offering and capabilities.
- Lead digital pitch team (s) or digital ideation for integrated proposals as needed – working with the practice leads: both at strategic and project management level
- Developing strategy and presenting to capitalise on new business opportunities.
- Decisive but diplomatic
- Able to get the best from different types of people
- Confident, approachable and knowledgeable, inspiring confidence in others.
- Commercially aware, with an ability to capitalise on business opportunities.
- Experience of leading and building effective teams
Mandatory Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent level of education is required
- Marketing/PR industry experience
- A proven track record of successful and award winning projects for known blue-chip companies and global brands.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Practical experience in agile project management
- Practical experience of managing mobile builds
- Technical knowledge of the development process, platforms and frameworks
More jobs like this
- Full Time Research Senior Account Manager Consumer jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Research Senior Account Manager FMCG jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Research Senior Account Manager Healthcare jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Research Senior Account Manager Media and New Media jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Research Senior Account Manager Professional Services jobs in London (Central)