Communications and Public Affairs Manager
The Automatic Vending Association (AVA) is the trade body which represents the interests of the vending industry across the UK. We have a new opportunity for a talented communications and public affairs professional with vision and skills to join our team at an exciting time for the organisation.
The role will encompass communications both internal and external with a variety of audiences including members, the media, politicians and stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity for an all-round communications professional to shape the role and make it their own. We are looking for a candidate with the vision and drive to make things happen.
- Manage the press office including: drafting press releases; preparing press lists; researching feature opportunities; overseeing the press pack; producing Q & As; drafting positioning statements and assembling press cuts for circulation
- Coordinate the Association’s social media activity including monitoring LinkedIn, Twitter etc for issues development to ensure regular social media contributions
- Manage a political contact programme to help build relationships with politicians at all UK parliaments and ensure association involvement on key issues
- Develop relationships with similar roles at other trade associations to ensure regular cooperation and information inclusion
- Coordinate all website information (including media materials, imagery, reports, research materials, the Member’s Area and website analytics) and liaise with the Events Manager to ensure events information is available and up to date
- Manage the planning and delivery of campaigns including publicity material production
- Produce the bi-monthly members’ newsletter
- Draft and circulate regular email updates for members
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record in planning and delivering communications, campaigns and public relations strategies
- Practical experience of working within a media or communications environment
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of political liaison and relationship building
- Sound experience in the use of digital media and website management
- The capability to multitask, prioritise and manage time efficiently and to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written skills
Please provide a CV, your current salary details and a covering letter outlining how your experience matches the key responsibilities of the role.