Media Relations & Communications Officer
A leading global think tank is looking for a creative and inventive Media Relations and Communications Officer with strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy. If you are a media-savvy self-starter who enjoys building good relationships with journalists and working in a busy press office, this could be an excellent fit for you. You will work with research staff to develop media strategies, including drafting messages for press campaigns and placing op-eds. The Media Relations & Communications Officer will facilitate and manage media relations for all global offices from its headquarters in central London, so it is a role with a lot of scope and exposure to colleagues and media across the globe.
- Developing and coordinating proactive and targeted media engagement plans around the think tank’s global research and publications
- Creating an efficient media relations office for the company to manage and coordinate media engagement, including responding to media enquiries, setting up interviews and managing media logistics at events
- Maintaining the Institute’s database of media contacts and manage the distribution of press releases and invitations to journalists
- Ensuring the content of the press area on the company website is updated in close coordination with the online editorial team
- Assisting in drafting content for social media platforms, working closely with the online team, and contributing to the overall social media strategy
- Working with the Director of Communication to improve communications tools for use internally and externally
Key skills & experience:
- Excellent knowledge of digital/social media and ability to generate ideas for proactive press/media campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to draft press statements and manage press events for an international audience
- Ability to proactively build and maintain strong relationships across the company and the media
- A good understanding and experience of the workings of a busy press office and the ability to juggle day-to-day management of enquiries with forward planning and administration of media for forthcoming launches and events
- Proficiency in CRM database, Excel and Powerpoint and an understanding of media monitoring and web metrics
- Knowledge and interest in international relations is essential
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Sophie Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SC19381.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.