External Affairs Manager
This is your chance to shape the public affairs and media strategy for an emerging industry which is seeking to change the world for the better.
You will report directly into, and work alongside, their highly regarded CEO. This position gives you the excellent opportunity to act at the strategic level.
As External Affairs Manager you will be responsible for:
- Developing and managing a coherent political and PR strategy
- Managing Parliamentary engagement, ensuring the industry has a prominent role in relevant debates
- Seek opportunities to raise the profile of the industry and the association
- Ensure public messages are well understood across the organisation and by its members
- Write speeches and presentations for the Chief Executive
- Use the organisations events to promote the organisation and its goals
To be eligible for the position of External Affairs Manager, you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have experience of working in public affairs
- Knowledge of Parliament and an understanding of the devolved administrations
- Having worked for either a public affairs consultancy, a trade/membership body or an organisation relevant to their industry
- Demonstrable understanding of parliamentary process
- Ability to understand the role of the media in engagement/advocacy strategies
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- The ability to grasp a range of complex issues and explain them clearly
- Able to work with senior people in a range of sectors
- Line management experience is a bonus
This opportunity has a lot to offer the right candidate alongside an excellent salary and top end benefits package. For further details please apply.
To apply for the position of External Affairs Manager, please click the apply button to upload your CV.
Ellwood Atfield recruits the people who talk for you. Experts in the recruitment of Media Relations, Internal Communications, Public Affairs and Policy Professionals.
To view all of our vacancies in London, Brussels and beyond, our thought leadership reports and a calendar of forthcoming events please visit
Ellwood Atfield Ltd is an equal opportunities employer