Communications Manager (Science and Technology)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an individual to join a speciality chemicals company as a Communication Manager. Your role will be to support the company strategy and brand through the marketing and communication of the group’s Research and Development & science and technology activities to internal and external stakeholders, including employees, the media, customers, other collaboration partners and potential recruits. You will be responsible for developing and executing a communications plan, in line with the group’s corporate communications objectives. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Developing and executing a communications plan to support the company brand internally and externally that promotes the company’s science and technology focus
- Developing and executing internal communications to engage R&D employees and support delivery of the R&D strategy.
- Developing and executing external engagement campaigns that promote the company’s science and technology using the group’s communication and media channels
- Coordinating requests to attend conferences and research opportunities for key company technical personnel to present on key popular science topics that support the brand
- Acting as the point of contact for key external science and technology bodies that are relevant to the group
- Researching, developing and executing opportunities to promote the science and technology elements of the company brand through thought leadership pieces in key journals
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key science media representatives
- Measuring and managing the effectiveness of campaigns and communications
- Working with the other members of the group Corporate Communications team to support the production of content for all aspects of corporate communications, including the engagement of R&D employees in group wide programmes
Key Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in a marketing communications and / or internal communications role, with a proven track record in developing and executing communications programmes and media relations using a wide range of communications media and channels
- Demonstrable experience in researching and writing high quality science-led content for a wide range of audiences
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to generate enthusiasm in others and gain their buy-in
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work to a high standard with attention to detail
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- A creative thinker able to generate innovative ideas that inspire others
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Joanne Watkins at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference JW19403.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.