Labour Party - Job Description
Job Title:Digital Officer (West Midlands Mayoral Campaign)
Responsible to: Deputy Regional Director (line manager) working to Mayoral Candidate
Location: West Midlands Regional Office, Terry Duffy House, West Brom B70 6N
Duration: Fixed Term Contract until 18th May 2017
Key purpose: The Digital Officer will support all aspects of digital activity for the West Midlands Mayoral Election. This will include communication of message, volunteer recruitment and retention, and fundraising activity through the use of website, social media, email and contribute to electoral success in 2017.
- To contribute to setting the strategic direction of the West Midlands Mayoral Election’s digital activity, to enable our resources and potential to be best utilised to meet our core objectives.
- To work with the West Midlands Mayoral Campaign to set targets for digital activity and then work towards successfully meeting these. To ensure digital activity is fully integrated into broader strategic plans, tracking their effectiveness, with the ability to recommend changes in direction as required.
- To lead planning on how the West Midlands Mayoral Campaign can use digital channels for effective storytelling about the values and ideas of the Party candidates, elected representatives and policies in the West Midlands.
- To work with colleagues to plan and execute a calendar of digital content that communicates the values and work of the campaign and Labour Party, whilst managing the development and quality of content.
- To revise digital plans as changes occur and use creativity to demonstrate how digital channels can be used to respond quickly and effectively to these changes.
- To provide creative support through digital design, in which innovative ideas can be developed.
- To work to engage and empower the digital activist base. To undertake any other tasks as required by the West Midlands Mayoral Campaign Director (if appointed) or the Regional Director
Labour Party - Person Specification
- Developing targets and KPIs for a digital campaign and establishing reporting processes for these.
- Working in a complex communications environment and planning campaigns as part of wider communications.
- Developing multi-channel digital campaigns including across Social, Video, programmatic advertising and Web.
- Email segmentation.
- Online campaigning techniques.
- Online fundraising techniques.
Skills / Abilities
- Ability to contribute to digital strategies for campaigns, organisations or brands.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- The ability to work proactively with staff both within the party, and in external organisations.
- Digital editing and design skills.
- Ability to execute innovative digital campaigns.
- Ability to analyse data for data-driven decision making.
- Ability to project-manage the delivery of complex projects.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.