Senior PR Manager - Interim
** 3 months**
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an individual to join my client as a Senior Public Relations Manager. You will be responsible for providing a high quality press office function for the company, taking responsibility for media engagement, looking for positive stories, communicating key messages and managing reactive responses to issues and media enquiries. The right candidate will have the ability to make rapid and intelligent decisions in a fluid and pressured media environment, working under the overview of the Head of News.
- Actively identify and promote positive and interesting news stories for the company, building and maintaining a detailed knowledge of key business issues
- Support the Head of News with the management of the media team, co-ordinating work for all parts of the function to maximise results
- Deal with media enquiries and provide a measured reactive response to all issues and media queries
- Build contacts and strong relationships with journalists and key stakeholders, maximising contacts to promote positive messages and increase brand strength
- Ensure a thorough interaction with the media, undertaking tracking analysis and reporting on media coverage and portrayals
Facilitate media training sessions
Key Skills & Experience:
- Substantial knowledge of journalism and the media landscape, nationals, regionals and online
- Demonstrable knowledge of the position the company occupies in politics, current affairs and the news agenda
- Highly accurate, skilled writer and editor, assimilating complex information and producing effective press releases
- Substantial Press Office experience in a high profile organisation working as a Press Officer, or similar, in a pressured media environment
- Demonstrable experience of briefing and supporting senior executives
- Able to work under pressure, demonstrating resilience, flexibility and can-do attitude
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Roberta Hall at email@example.com quoting reference RAH19412.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.
Apply for Senior PR Manager - Interim
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly