Multi-award winning, modern and rapidly expanding – these guys have it going on! They are a leading edge PR consultancy that perfectly blends the traditional with digital PR techniques. They have the capability to offer their enviable portfolio of clients a wide range of PR & digital marketing services and as such are flourishing.
The Account Manager will play a pivotal role in the agency from both a team leadership and client services perspective.
Typical tasks and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Media relations and building relationships: Ensure that coverage targets are hit and key performance indicators are met across the account portfolio. Identify coverage opportunities and build relationships with relevant journalists and bloggers to facilitate press coverage.
- People management: Work with Account Director to manage the training and development of junior team members.
- Client contact: Act as the day to day “go to” contact for clients. Build strong relationships based on trust and delivery of results.
- Creativity and Publicity: Combine creativity with knowledge of the media and your media contacts. Train your junior team to recognise media angles and how to generate positive news coverage, profile pieces and features across a broad media spectrum.
- Organisation: Be responsible for ensuring the account is run in a smooth and organised manner, and work with the team to manage the creation of client facing documents
- Writing: You will be expected to have excellent writing skills and the ability to write ‘journalist quality’ press releases, in addition to providing training and guidance to Senior Account Executives and Account Executives. You will have overall responsibility for quality control of written documents.
- Awareness: Spot and trouble shoot potential issues before they become problematic, proactively identify opportunities for clients and present these to the Account Director.
- Reporting: Take the lead in the reporting, analysis and evaluation of PR campaigns.
- New business: attends new business pitches and work with senior team members throughout the pitch preparation process.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to shine across all areas above and shown a clear roadmap of how to further their career in a business that has a very strong track record of promoting from within.
Experience & Personal Profile
- Used to working in a fast paced, high pressure agency environment. You will be adept at balancing the pressures of several accounts with the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Experience managing teams – this is essential!
- Lots of client exposure – Management, new biz, pitching etc
- Excellent publicity skills – a strong understanding of the media, editorial requirements and what ‘makes’ a story
- An eye for content - be able to create engaging and powerful content for different audiences
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
- Digital understanding – Digital PR/earned media/SEO a bonus
- Superior people and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Team player who works well under pressure
And the little bits that make it ace
- Extensive training both internally from award winning PR’s & externally from the likes of Google & CIPR
- Work with high profile household name brands across multi-disciplined campaigns
- Superb bonus scheme
- National staff discount scheme getting you cash off your weekly shop to your holidays in the sun
- A fun and vibrant working environment with all the extras to help you perform or wind down whether that’s bacon butties on a Friday to get you through the day or ping pong to get rid of that stress!
- And importantly a very competitive salary with a roadmap of how to develop your career.
Apply for Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Full Time Financial PR Senior Account Manager Associations / Institutions jobs in Leeds
- Full Time Financial PR Senior Account Manager Business / Industrial jobs in Leeds
- Full Time Financial PR Senior Account Manager Charity / Voluntary organisation jobs in Leeds
- Full Time Financial PR Senior Account Manager Consumer jobs in Leeds
- Full Time Financial PR Senior Account Manager Education jobs in Leeds