Senior PR Manager
My client, an international not-for-profit organisation, is looking for an articulate, creative, and tenacious individual to join their team as a Senior PR Manager. Working alongside the Head of PR, you will be responsible for coordinating organisation-wide responses to critical issues and risks to the company’s reputation. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and planner, with the ability to grasp complex and intellectually challenging ideas and communicate them to people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Devise and coordinate global PR campaigns, working with the company’s global team to deliver communications across multiple channels
- Provide guidance and support for PR and communications undertaken by regional company offices, and deliver training as required
- Use and establish best practices, methodologies and procedures to ensure the effectiveness of media engagement and PR activities, and manage and update the global communications calendar
- Lead on media relations with international seafood and sustainability media
- Design, execute and monitor PR strategies and activities, including events and briefings, and generate news releases, backgrounders, factsheets, editorial and other written materials as required
- Develop editorial including blog posts, articles and web pages
- Commission editorial, photography and film to tell the organisation’s story and deliver value to our partners
- Deliver evaluation reports of public relations campaigns
Key skills and experience
- Significant proven experience of working in a similar role in public relations and the desire to work in a fast-paced team committed to making a difference
- Extensive experience of working with and developing digital, print and other communication channels; thorough digital understanding across all channels
- Understanding of digital communications including using content management systems (CMS), social media and blogging (WordPress)
- Experience working with media monitoring agencies e.g. Kantar, Meltwater, Gorkana
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate complex issues in a clear manner to a wide variety of audiences across diverse channels (online, TV, print, radio)
- Attention to detail, diplomacy and discretion
- Articulate, creative, passionate, flexible and tenacious: ability to get results and to be persistent and enthusiastic in achieving these
- Experience in the food/drink sector would be an advantage
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Sophie Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SC19418.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.