Interim PR Manager
This leading international legal practice is recruiting an Interim PR Manager to plan and execute the media relations strategy for the global litigation, employment and tax practices. They will work with senior management and partners on a daily basis; either sourcing new stories to proactively publish, or reacting to delicate media issues.
The key responsibilities of the post:
- Independently build and sustain strong relationships with journalists
- Regularly work with partners & senior staff of the firm to help identify opportunities for proactive news stories
- Act confidently as an advisor to partners, preparing spokespeople for interviews with media & press releases.
- Researching to identify of useful news stories and subjects to the firms benefit.
- Act as a ‘gatekeeper’ between journalists and partners to ensure time is not being wasted
- Advising spokespeople on media handling.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the PR team to effectively manage daily social media activity
This is a great opportunity to work in a front line, fast paced B2B in house environment. It also gives the opportunity to create new initiatives as well as building a well-established network with journalists. The role is a 12 month maternity leave cover paying 45-50K pro rata depending on experience.