Head of Media
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, strategic and creative thinker who is able to respond quickly to a fast-paced environment. My client, a specialist UK financial services company, is looking for a persuasive and self-confident individual to join their team as a Head of Media. You will be responsible for building relationships with media to ensure the Group’s messages can be effectively communicated. The successful candidate will be a results driven professional with strong influencing ability and a comprehensive understanding of the UK media environment.
- Develop PR plans and strategies to meet the Group’s objectives
- Develop and maintain effective relations with core media audiences
- Liaise and co-ordinate on-going media engagement and press events as appropriate
- Identify, source and co-ordinate appropriate research platforms for the business to generate media coverage and integrate with the public affairs and campaigning functions of the business
- Draft and facilitate features, placed articles, press releases and brochures where necessary
- Compile monthly and annual assessments of media performance, including social media where appropriate, of the business and develop programmes to communicate this information internally
- Devise a proactive execution plan to assert the Group’s messages and provide reactive responses when required to protect the company’s reputation
Key skills & experience:
- Experience gained in a front of house media relations position within a medium / large company or consultancy
- Proven experience of active personal engagement with the media community to drive change to achieve commercial advantage
- Strong experience of campaign design, deployment to influence media coverage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the financial services sector
- Excellent stakeholder management skills – both internal and external
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team to deliver projects to the highest standard
- Appetite for developing skills and experience in media relations and digital media
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience of presenting and representing the company at external meeting/events
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Natalie Charlesworth at email@example.com quoting reference NC19433.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.