Interim Regional Communications Officer (North East)
2 days left
- Contract Type
A global FMCG with a universally recognisable brand is recruiting an Interim Regional Communications Officer to cover the North East region for a 9 month maternity cover.
Reporting to the Head of Regional Communications you will be responsible for managing the reputation of this exceptional global company with local and regional stakeholders and regional media. You will devise and execute integrated Communications strategies to help drive greater trust in the brand across the region and will achieve this by building positive relationships with journalists and elected representatives, managing agency teams, and working side-by-side with key internal stakeholders.
· Lead and implement the regional communications plan in partnership with regional agencies and internal customers
· Maintain good working relationships with your regional community, supporting them from a communications perspective including stakeholder engagement and community programmes, e.g. MP visits, business group engagement, environmental projects etc.
· Take ownership on communicating positive news across the South East through traditional PR activity and online influencer engagement, which will involve managing dedicated agency support
· Supporting the franchisee community from a communications perspective in the delivery of their business plan including stakeholder and media engagement
· On call press officer duties
Skills and Experience
They are looking for an individual who ideally has an all-round communications background who enjoys variety within their role.
· Direct experience of working as part of either a PR and/or a Public Affairs team; engaging with media and elected representatives
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey messages to different groups of people by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience
· Comfortable working on multi-agency, cross departmental projects as well as on individual projects
· Prepared to work for a busy and fast paced business with a broad number of policy interests and knowledge of and interest in the political and media landscape.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, award-winning organisation that are keen to develop your abilities so apply now via the “Apply for this Role” button or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference ER-1610-4037.
Ellwood Atfield recruits the people who talk for you. Experts in the recruitment of Media Relations, Internal Communications, Public Affairs and Policy Professionals.
To view all of our vacancies in London and Brussels, our thought leadership reports and a calendar of forthcoming events please visit www.ellwoodatfield.com
Ellwood Atfield Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.