Head of PR
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspiring, creative and driven Consumer PR and Events professional with a track record of developing successful and impactful PR-led campaigns. My client, a top 250 FTSE listed company with operations in fifteen countries around the globe, is looking for an individual to join their team as a Head of Public Relations. Reporting into the UK Marketing Director. This newly created role will be tasked with taking the brand to the next level by developing PR and experiential marketing platforms that will engage consumers and get people talking about the business. The successful candidate will have exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills coupled with successful big brand building experience.
- Development, execution and management of the UK Consumer PR strategy
- Working closely with Head of Corporate Communications to proactively and reactively manage PR activities (inside and outside of core working hours)
- Proactive consumer and trade story development aligned to brand purpose, narrative and key messages
- Development of the brand sponsorship strategy that will lead to working with affinity brands and organisations to target consumer groups through dedicated marketing activity aligned to the business’s overall objectives
- Manage and coordinate experiential marketing activity aligned to the overall marketing strategy and working in partnership with the Head of Marketing Communications
- Development of amplification platforms of core marketing campaigns
- Leadership of the PR, Sponsorship and Events team
Key skills and experience:
- An excellent communicator with proven experience in managing communications and executing on brand narratives
- A firm understanding of brand sponsorship strategy and experience in delivering high profile events
- Ability to think strategically and develop, communicate and implement a compelling vision and plan
- Proven experience leading, managing, and retaining a team of exceptional talent as well as creating a culture of innovation, accountability, and a commitment to achieving results
- Ability and experience in defining, developing and leading large marketing programmes in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Background in building big brands in the consumer space, online and consumer tech experience is highly desirable
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Sophie Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SC19432.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.