Media Relations Manager - FTC
A service provider requires an exceptional Media Relations Manager to join their busy team for a six month contract position. The role will focus on the development, management and delivery of the organisation's media relations programme (national, regional, online and trade) – both proactive and reactive, as well as developing relationships with key opinion-formers and industry experts. They will lead the social media team responsible for engaging with followers and responding to high volume of daily messages.
- Working with business areas to devise new stories and produce relevant copy across national, regional, trade and online media
- Producing copy to tight deadlines and for a variety of outlets
- Building and developing strong relationships with target journalists across consumer, regional and trade press
- Acting as first point of contact for media enquiries and managing any reputational risks
- Briefing spokespeople or acting as spokesperson for media and representing organisation with key stakeholders
- Managing agency suppliers
- Stakeholder management with trade bodies and partner organisations
- Acting as deputy for the Head of Comms
- Organising on call rota for out of office media calls
- Producing internal reports on media monitoring
Key skills & experience:
- Strong media relations skills
- Experience managing a busy press office
- Ability to juggle priorities, work to tight deadlines and keep a calm head
- This is a high profile role within the organisation, so will need someone who is confident and able to gain buy in from stakeholders internally and externally
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Julie Mazzei at email@example.com quoting reference JAM192428.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.