A renowned international legal practice is looking for an exceptional PR Manager to join the central PR team for a 12 month maternity cover contract. This person will take responsibility for the planning and execution of all media relations strategy for the global litigation, employment and tax practices and they will have experience on how to deal with sensitive issues and be able to handle these carefully. Given that many of the disputes that they handle for their clients are headline news a real interest and knowledge of business/economic issues and world current affairs is a must for this role.
- Play a leading role in building their profile through the media, as an adviser to major corporates.
- Plan, execute, track and evaluate the media relations strategy and activities for the global litigation practice, working closely with the BD community and relevant partners.
- Adviser to senior management of the litigation practice on all comms related matters.
- Drive both tactical news and deal related PR activity (including writing press releases) as well as longer term thought leadership, market commentary opportunities and raising the profile at industry awards
- Drive social media activity through the LinkedIn and Twitter accounts, as well as encourage fee earners to share and repurpose content on their personal social media accounts.
- Organise ongoing media training programme to develop the PR skills of key spokespeople in the relevant practice areas
- Monitor competitor activity and brief the management team on PR activities of key competitors.
- Primary media contact for all queries relating to the litigation practice.
You must have excellent corporate comms/PR experience either agency side or in-house with extensive knowledge of the financial markets and in particular M&A’s and private equity. Well established relationships with journalists within key B2B and national media, crisis and issues management experience and excellent writing skills are all essential. You will need to be an influencer and build strong relationships with key stakeholders including managing partners within the litigation practice as well as the wider PR teams.
Apply for PR Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly