3 days left
- Contract Type
Based at WeWork Soho, Rhizome Media is a small but seriously big-hitting agency that champions small and medium-sized businesses through PR, content, social media and marketing.
Considering our size, we work with some really cool and going-places brands, often VC-backed and with highly disruptive business models.
We work across a huge variety of sectors including financial services, property, insurance, technology, health and motoring so you’ll have to be a quick learner.
It goes without saying that you can interact with other human beings, are confident and articulate, possess a sound grasp of current affairs and are a brilliant writer.
Ideally you'll have a warped sense of humour and just a little bit of panache, too.
We're not looking for 'staff' but entrepreneurial PRs with the ambition and drive to help grow our business, become a partner and earn way more than they ever could in a bog-standard agency. Oh - and have a heap of fun along the way.
The Day Job
- Driving accounts forward with panache and managing clients
- Pitching in news stories and features, press releases, to national, regional and trade media
- Reacting to breaking news stories with quick client comment
- Organising and attending trade and national journalist briefings
- Helping put together new business proposals - but thankfully we never pitch!
- Organising radio/TV interviews and briefing clients
- Responding quickly and efficiently to journalist requests
- Training and overseeing the work of junior members of the team
Skills & Experience
- Self starter with bags of initiative
- Ideas person – both creative and news aware
- Excellent client handling skills - warm and personable, not corporate
- You'll write like a modern-day Proust
- Strong news sense
- Entrepreneurial is very good (we like that)
- Good media contacts in the following sectors a bonus: SME, business, enterprise, financial services, technology, property, motoring
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
Why would I want to work for you?
We do things differently, punch way above our weight and have big plans. We're based at the oh-so-cool WeWork Soho office (so free beer and cider on tap, and all the jammy dodgers and chocolate hobnobs you can stomach) and you will get to work alongside some of the best media brains in the industry.
We also offer a company pension, a death in service policy (morbid, I know), 25 days’ annual leave, and generous ad hoc bonuses for great results. And in the summer, we finish at 3pm on a Friday so everyone can enjoy the sunshine.
One last thing - if you're dead good, you’ll be invited to become a partner of Rhizome Media LLP. Partners benefit from a quarterly profits share, as well as all sorts of perks ‘unlocked’ by length of service, such as a monthly travel allowance, flexible working, private healthcare and more. Our partners also have a big say in how we run the business. So you'll not just be a cog in a vast and faceless machine.
Where do I sign up?
Send an email spelling out why there’s a 'you-shaped' hole in our business. Try and make it funny as well as informative because most application emails bore the life out of me.
**Note to recruiters: we think you’re ace, but please note that we will not require your assistance to fill this position, so there’s no need to call us**
Apply for Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Full Time Financial PR Account Manager Business / Industrial jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Financial PR Account Manager Charity / Voluntary organisation jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Financial PR Account Manager Financial Services jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Financial PR Account Manager Media and New Media jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Financial PR Account Manager Professional Services jobs in London (Central)