Internal Communications Consultant
2 days left
- Contract Type
It’s all about communication. At Southern Water we recognise that how we communicate with our employees and contract partners is of vital importance to our success. We know how to engage an audience and do so with passion and creative flair. We’re currently recruiting for an Internal Communications Consultant to join our growing Internal Communications team.
You’ll be a key member of the internal communications centre of excellence; supporting the Internal Communications Manager in creating and developing a strategic programme to drive internal communication and maximise employee engagement that aligns to and supports the Southern Water brand.
You’ll create strategic internal communication plans for specific projects, programmes or pieces of activity. You will prioritise and align these to the overall Southern Water strategy and company-wide Internal Communications plan.
You’ll be responsible for the event management and production of the annual employee roadshows and other key corporate events as required. You’ll build and manage relationships with external agencies and suppliers (including print, promotional, event management and creative agencies) and internal virtual teams.
You’ll undertake research and complete benchmarking and evaluation exercises into all activities to ensure continuous improvement and budget management.
You’ll be accountable for developing and driving improvements to multiple communication channels to ensure these channels deliver a coordinated programme of internal communications across a varied and diverse workforce including office, site and field based employees and contract partners.
You’ll support the Internal Communications Manager to manage the intranet (including contributors, editing, and prioritisation), playing a leading role in; redeveloping and improving the intranet as a key internal communications tool, bringing in new technologies and techniques, translating how this works for discrete employee segments such as field based employees.
Key skills/knowledge/qualifications/experience required for the role:
• A creative and strategic thinker who can plan and implement ideas in line with the Southern Water brand, by creating concept papers/proposals/plans from scratch and executing to time, quality and budget requirements.
• Proven experience in internal communications; across multiple channels, for multiple employee segments and needs, including campaigns and events, change management and crisis communications.
• Excellent communication skills; verbal, presentation, copywriting (across channels while remaining on brand) including business papers and evaluation reports, film production and social media for internal use.
• Experience of acting as a consultant to the business, advising on appropriateness of channels, messages, timings etc. with proven ability to pull out key messages and ensure campaigns align to business strategy.
• A positive and proactive attitude with an appetite to challenge the status quo and drive innovation.
• Experienced ability to influence with professional presence and impact, while achieving buy-in through gravitas and inspiring confidence in others, including the ability to negotiate and persuade Executive Team members and Senior Managers.
• A high level of resilience and the ability to work calmly in crisis situations - assertive and able to deal with difficult people and situations when required.
• Proven experience in people management, performance management, mentoring, managing virtual teams and managing third parties and external agencies.
• Experience in delivering a step-change approach in engaging employees through effective communications
• Brand management experience
• Marketing communications experience
• Experience in change management communication
• Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant professional qualification
• Experience of working with SharePoint as an intranet / collaboration or engagement tool
If you are a current Southern Water employee, please confirm within your application that you have informed your Line Manager that you are applying for this role.
Southern Water is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability; complies with all relevant UK legislation.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months), If you do not meet these criteria your application will not be considered.
Apply for Internal Communications Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly