Internal Communications Adviser
It’s all about communication. At Southern Water we recognise that how we communicate with our employees and contract partners is of vital importance to our success. We know how to engage an audience and do so with passion and creative flair. We’re currently recruiting for an Internal Communications Adviser to join our growing Internal Communications team.
You’ll work within the internal communications centre of excellence, acting as a trusted adviser to our internal customers and stakeholders. You’ll offer sound communications advice on how we can appropriately and effectively deliver communications to our employees while ensuring all messages are ‘on-brand’.
You’ll create internal communication executions for specific projects, programmes or pieces of activity, reward and recognition events or internal change programmes, ensuring all communications meet required KPIs while remaining on message and on brand.
You’ll deliver regular companywide news updates, through on and offline channels, ensuring all employee segments, including field and site based, are reached and represented and employee engagement is increased.
You’ll be accountable for filming and producing regular content for the intranet to time and quality criteria, as well as regularly updating the Corporate Communications intranet page.
You’ll work closely with virtual teams and external agencies and suppliers (including print, promotional, event management and audio-visual agencies) working to build long-standing relationships so they become extension of the Communications team.
Key skills/knowledge/qualifications/experience required for the role:
• Proven excellent communication skills; verbal, presentation, copywriting (across channels while remaining on brand) including business papers and evaluation reports, film production and social media for internal use, proof reading and editing – with an impeccable eye for detail.
• Experience of identifying key messages and acting as an adviser to recommend appropriateness of channels, messages, and timings.
• A positive and proactive attitude with the ability to take others along with you to meet deadlines, deliverable and challenges, to help build the reputation of the Internal Communications team and the support we offer to the company
• Experience of using design packages or software such as InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop
• Experience of communicating, influencing, and persuading at all levels within an organisation including with Senior Managers
• A high level of resilience and the ability to work under pressure - assertive and able to deal with difficult people and situations when required
• A strategic thinker who sees the bigger picture and has the ability to deal with conflicting agendas and fluctuating priorities
• Experience of working with third parties and external agencies
• Relevant professional qualification or educated to degree level
• Experience of working with SharePoint as an intranet / collaboration or engagement tool
• Event management experience
• Experience of film making and editing software.
If you are a current Southern Water employee, please confirm within your application that you have informed your Line Manager that you are applying for this role.
Southern Water is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability; complies with all relevant UK legislation.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months), If you do not meet these criteria your application will not be considered.