Senior Publishing Officer
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its General Secretariat Directorate (SG) - Communications Department (COM) - Editorial, Publishing and Production Division (EPP), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
(Senior) Publishing Officer
This is a full time position at grade 5/6
This is a temporary replacement assignment of 2 years
The Communication Department ensures the Bank’s activities are known and valued by its stakeholders and the general public. It interacts with external and internal audiences and ensures the EIB Group engages with them in an open and accountable way.
The Editorial, Publishing and Production division is the content powerhouse of the Department. Its mission is to develop informative, engaging, and attractive content to support the Bank’s interaction with the public at large across all communication channels.
Building upon the wealth of knowledge and expertise available to the EIB Group, both from within its staff and thanks to its reputation and network of global experts, this position was created to develop and manage the production and marketing of a diverse range of high quality publications, capable of enhancing the EIB Group’s profile as a thought-leader and standard-setter in European and global economic and financial policy debates. This is an exciting role that will require a combination of project management experience, focus, relevant skills, ability to inspire, and diplomacy.
The (Senior) Publishing Officer reports to the Head of the Editorial, Publishing and Production Division and cooperates closely with the Head of the Communications Department, other Heads of Division as well as Heads of Unit in the Department and across the EIB. Regular contact and co-operation with all EIB Directorates and Departments, external stakeholders and peers from other EU institutions and IFIs.
- In cooperation with other EIB Group departments and building upon existing activities, develop and implement a publishing strategy for the EIB, involving the commissioning, production, and marketing of policy papers, books, reports, and other products, to influence global policy debates and establish the EIB Group’s thought leadership in areas which are pertinent to its work and achievements
- Identify and develop a network of highly qualified and reputed external experts willing to contribute to EIB Group inspired and produced publications on issues which are pertinent to the Group’s activities and its communication and engagement priorities
- Establish partnerships with organisations, institutions and think tanks that can usefully cooperate with the EIB Group in designing, producing and marketing publications of common interest
- Represent the division in Bank-wide working groups and various transversal initiatives as agreed with the Head of the EPP Division to ensure an optimal internal cooperation and coordination in the area of publications
- As part of the Communication Department, contribute to the development and implementation of the EIB Group’s overall communication strategy
- Contribute to special projects/working groups at senior level, as appropriate.
- University degree preferably in a field related to communication, economics, international relations or similar business related field
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the domain of communication, or publishing
- Very good knowledge of the EU institutional and political framework and in-depth understanding of the Bank’s objectives, policies, procedures and organisation
- In depth knowledge of communication tools, processes and best practices, mainly in the domain of publishing, brand positioning and digital distribution channels
- Experience of project management, service contracts including procurement issues and entire budget process
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
- Innovation and creativity. Proposes new and original ideas, approaches and solutions to problems. Looks beyond conventional approaches and established methods
- Developing relationships. Easily establishes and develops effective and positive professional relationships with others.
- Influencing others. Influences others’ actions using direct and indirect strategies. Uses persuasive and compelling arguments to convince others.
- Negotiation. Recognises the goals and objectives of different parties. Negotiates mutually acceptable solutions through compromise and creates ‘win-win’ situations.
- Reliability. Consistently delivers on agreed objectives and expectations. Meets commitments and takes responsibility for their personal performance.
- Results focus. Demonstrates a focus on achieving results and objectives. Consistently strives to meet or exceed expectations.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
Apply directly via the 'Apply' button.
Deadline for applications: 29.01.2017
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability
#LI-POST or #LI-DNP
Keywords: Vacature, Fulltime, Luxembourg, Communications Specialist, Publishing Expert.