One of the UK’s leading transport hubs is looking to hire a PR Coordinator to join its media and communications team. The role has a focus on consumer public relations across the transport sector, but also across vertical sectors including F&B and luxury. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing creative campaigns, reactive and proactive media relations, stakeholder engagement and content creation. They will also be expected to support the social media and crisis communications team on an ad hoc basis.
The jobholder will have previous experience in a PR agency or in-house communications team, confidence with dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders, excellent writing skills, an eye for a good campaign and strong commercial awareness.
- Proactively develop opportunities for national and consumer media coverage
- Pitch stories and respond to journalist queries on commercial issues and brand campaigns
- Work with stakeholders, third parties (including PR agencies) and senior spokespeople on campaigns to support the brand
- Build excellent relationships with print, broadcast and digital media across key sectors
- Support on social media strategy and content development
- Development and delivery of a yearly plan with the wider communications and marketing team
- Support on crisis communications and be prepared to be on-call on an ad hoc basis
Key skills & experience:
- Experience of working in a PR agency or press office function
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to get on with a wide variety of people across different levels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Understanding of the transport and travel industry desirable but not essential
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.