Director - Financial Communications, Corporate, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
- Are you passionate about the business world, and the ways that corporate reputation can drive or hinder commercial success?
- Do you have what it takes to help both major global businesses and challenger brands tell their stories in new and creative ways?
- Are you a seasoned and confident adviser and comfortable leading major client accounts?
- Are you constantly seeking new and innovative ways to deliver impactful communications strategies to reach the audiences that matter?
- Do you relish the opportunity to develop and lead new business strategies, proposals and pitch teams?
- Are you experienced in managing people and teams, and coaching them to achieve their potential?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Portland is seeking a Director to join the management group for our 85 strong UK-focused corporate team. You will have a track record in financial public relations with broader profile, reputation and crisis management skills to help define and tell our clients’ equity stories.
You will be an expert in your field with the ability to develop and deliver impactful communications strategies and campaigns, generating excellent results and giving strong strategic direction.
Through your line management responsibilities and on-the-job training, you will develop the skills and expertise of more junior colleagues, and help to cultivate a culture of continuous learning through your interest in new techniques and best practice observed across the industry.
You will have at least six years’ experience, gained in an agency environment or through leading a busy in-house team. You must be proactive, creative and detail-driven.
- To originate new retained financial communications briefs
- To provide senior counsel and strategic advice to clients
- To lead in the development of communications strategies for diverse clients and issues, ensuring their successful delivery.
- To lead large and complex pieces of client work and to develop a portfolio of approximately £1m per annum
- Support the growth and development of the corporate team through high quality line management of senior members of the team, identifying growth opportunities and taking an active role in marketing activities.
- To run profitable accounts which deliver high quality work for clients
- Build internal and external networks with colleagues, opinion leaders, journalists, professional associations, online influencers and other relevant third-parties.
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Ambitious and enjoys working with clever people in a growing consultancy.
- A commercial self-starter with a broad financial communications or agency background.
- Proven ability to build relationships and spot opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of, and interest in, the UK communications market.
- Proven experience of leading high-profile accounts and used to managing large accounts of c£250k.
- Has the credibility to earn the respect of peers and team members. The gravitas to operate at the most senior level.
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Director (Agency) Financial PR Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Industrial Director (Agency) Financial PR Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Director (Agency) Financial PR Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Director (Agency) Financial PR Full Time jobs in London (Central)