Senior Press Officer
6 days left
- Contract Type
Childs Farm: The brand
Childs Farm: be happy in your skin!
Childs Farm uses naturally derived ingredients and essential oils to produce a range of mild, kind and delicious-smelling toiletries that care for the hair and skin of newborns, babies and children.
We are one of very few baby and child ranges that undergo clinical and controlled user trials. These certify that our products are dermatologically tested and approved, and paediatrician approved as suitable for newborns and children with sensitive and also those with eczema-prone skin.
However, unlike other products for sensitive skin, the Childs Farm range smells so delicious and looks so fun in the bathroom that every child will want to use it.
Childs Farm: In the market
Childs Farm had its major launch to market in 2014 into national retailers Boots and Waitrose. Childs Farm has experienced incredible growth since this launch due to the amazing and wonderful brand love that the products and brand engender. The products are now available nationwide in Boots, Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Waitrose, Superdrug, Lloyds Pharmacy, Ocado, Amazon, Holland & Barrett, Co-op, and other major independent pharmacies and stores.
The expansion growth plans for the next 3 years are extensive, exciting and positively mad, with plans to double if not triple the business and blow our brand awareness into the stratosphere!
Childs Farm: The vision
To revolutionise the baby & child toiletries category so that all products found in this aisle are fit for purpose – being suitable for the skin & hair of newborns, babies and children, even those with sensitive or eczema prone skin.
Our brand purpose is for every baby & child to feel happy in their skin. Oh – and we want to be a top 5 player globally in the category too.
Position Overview / Purpose:
Childs Farm is a disruptor brand, so we are looking for a mini-rebel…. Someone with imagination, speed and know-how. Someone who can see things through to deliver results with The Media, journalists and influencers and has consumer understanding & empathy for children and parents, particularly those with sensitive or eczema prone skin.
With the CEO & Founder, Joanna Jensen, being the heart of the business and winning awards as one of the leading female entrepreneurs in the country, they will also need to secure opportunities with both consumer and corporate PR to leverage Joanna, bearing in mind we are set to be a Sunday Times Top 10 fastest growing companies in 2019.
As the company further expands into International markets, this individual will also be responsible for ensuring that the Childs Farm brand maintains a consistent tone of voice and messaging across all markets, working closely with our own International PR and partnering with our international distributors external agencies.
The right attitude is fundamental to any hire at Childs Farm, and this role will also be seen as an internal and external Ambassador for the brand: this marketeer will demonstrate our behavioural values both internally and externally, every moment of every day. This candidate must be a fantastic communicator across the business and to stakeholders especially in the trade.
- Working close with the Head of Marketing to establish a forward thinking and exciting PR strategy
- Ongoing relationship management with journalists and key media titles; must include consumer, health & beauty, baby and child.
- Management of the day to day press office, including interview and speaker opportunities for key spokespeople
- Overseeing Global PR agencies and Distributor PR to ensure consistency in message
- Product placement including online, press and lifestyle,TV, radio.
- Case study build, development and sell into the Media.
- Management of beauty, parent and child and consumer Influencers to include; day to day contact, Roadshows, gifting, contact strategy, (partnering with internal social team)
- Management and outsourcing of PR Events and campaigns
- Support on NPD launches
- Awards entries
- Escalation management
- Monthly PR reporting and evaluation
Team Role: (Team member):
Demonstrate active involvement in the creation, implementation and improvement of relevant procedures
Follow relevant procedures to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement
Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables
Work safely, complying with all safety procedures, rules and instructions; and reporting workplace hazards, incidents or injuries to manager
Demonstrate on a continuous basis Childs Farm Company and behavioural values
Why are we including these in our Job description? Because these are what we stand for and are who we are - individually and collectively - and we want to ensure we are all aligned to our brand personality and behaviours. In short: if these don’t resonate with you, the company won’t either.
We take ownership & accountability for what we do, say and promise. We are: Trustworthy, Authentic, Honest, Expert, Passionate, Communicative, Agile, have Family Values, are Consumer Centric, Brave, Discreet, Innovative, Inclusive & Fun
Key Incumbent requirements
Qualifications & Training
- Marketing degree or qualified by experience.
Experience & Knowledge
- Relevant experience in PR & Influencer marketing (at least 5 years)
- Cosmetic, hair & beauty experience desired
- Strong analytical capability, to monitor performance versus strategy and to continually improve
Competencies & Behaviours
- A real understanding of consumers and a fantastic imagination, creativity, fun coupled with a strong project management mind.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and under pressure
- Able to act quickly on opportunity and focus on the important.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Creativity, imagination and initiative
- Highly organised; project management & reporting skills
- Demonstrate on a continuous basis the Childs Farm Company and behavioural values
- Strong collaborator across functions and levels to align on strategy and execution and join the dots between different people and projects
- Strong influencing skills and ability to challenge
- Sense of humour and positive disposition essential
- Robust: this role can be demanding at times and requires a thick skin. Should be both confident and receptive to feedback
Apply for Senior Press Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly