Head of Partnerships (Global Health)
- Contract Type
Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Then join us as Head of Partnerships (Global Health), playing a key role in our Corporate Partnerships Team with a focus on leading our engagement with the healthcare sector and the direction of partnerships that focus predominantly on child health.
Save the Children works with corporate partners to harness the passion and expertise of companies and their employees. Through building excellent relationships and co-designing with our Partners we will drive and deliver change, leverage investment & transform children’s lives as an organisation and movement. Whether through developing new life-saving products together or empowering staff to fundraise for our emergency work, our innovative partnerships make a real difference to children's lives.
As Head of Partnerships, you will play a pivotal role in helping to deliver on Save the Children’s Child Survival strategy. This includes the leadership of a multi-million pound multi-faceted partnership with healthcare company GSK. You will lead a talented cross-organisational team to deliver a large portfolio of child health programmes across multiple countries, and be accountable for the impact and learnings we achieve together. A solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and global health agenda is essential, along with significant experience leading a wide range of health-related programmes, campaigns and initiatives within the public, private or charity sector.
. In addition you will:
- Lead an ambitious strategy to drive impact and growth of this transformational global health partnerships, in line with organisational priorities and our agreed organisation wide Business Partnerships Strategy
- Create strong relationships with colleagues across Save the Children nationally and globally, role modelling effective ‘ways of working’ that ensures Partnerships Account Management, Policy, PR, Philanthropy and Global Programmes teams work closely together, collaborating for maximum impact
- Make key leadership decisions which can significantly affect the results of partnership growth and our external positioning as a sector leading organisation
- Manage and motivate the Partnership account management team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive constructive feedback on their performance
- Negotiate, prepare and finalise contractual agreements for all partnerships
- Guide external stakeholders on highly technical or complex partnership initiatives.
To be successful you will have specialist knowledge of Global Health priorities and issues, the role of the pharmaceutical sector to address these challenges, and the priorities and trends of the sector. An experienced and talented leader, you will drive forward our ambition, working cross-organisationally to leverage the capabilities of our partners to achieve transformational change for children. As well as being educated to degree level or have equivalent experience, you will also have:
- Experienced senior leadership skills with a proven ability to make strategic, informed decisions confidently and swiftly
- Demonstrable sophisticated understanding of the complexities of international development programming partnerships and associated challenges and solutions
- The ability to network with, and influence, senior people both internally and externally in order to achieve a pre-defined outcome
- Excellent written and presentation skills and confident ability to deliver verbal and written proposals up to CEO level
- Experience in managing a strong opportunity/sales pipeline delivering successful outcomes.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 24th February 2019