The Metropolitan Police Service
About The Metropolitan Police Service
The capital is changing and we must change with it. We want to be a Met that looks and feels like London. And we want all of our communities to value our work and the difference it makes.
Our mission is to keep London safe for everyone. To do so we will:
- Focus on what matters most to Londoners.
- Work more closely with partners and the public.
- Achieve the best outcomes in the pursuit of justice and in the support of victims.
In support of this mission, we want to lead 21st century policing and:
- Seize the opportunities of data and digital tech.
- Care for each other, work as a team and be an attractive place to work.
- Learn from experience, from others, and constantly strive to improve.
- Be recognised as a responsible, exemplary and ethical organisation.
Ultimately, our vision for the Met is to be the most trusted police service in the world.
We contribute to making London the safest global city, we protect its unique reputation as an open and welcoming city, and we want Londoners to be proud of their police.