Director of PR
Mind Candy is an entertainment company, with offices in London, Brighton, New York and San Francisco, that creates global brands with online games at their heart. Over 70 million kids have joined our leading brand, Moshi Monsters, and Moshi has expanded incredibly successfully offline into books, magazines, trading cards, toys, videos games, music, mobile apps, and cartoons.
We have an exciting opportunity where we are looking for an experienced, talented Public Relations expert to manage and build the global PR function and strategy for the Mind Candy business both within the UK and overseas.
- Instrumental in building and then managing the positioning of Mind Candy and our games in both in B2B and B2C arenas
- Manage all externally facing global consumer and business trade communications
- Manage the existing global PR function for the business including the internal team (Head of PR / PR Exec) and global agencies (US / UK / Australia)
- Create and manage content and engagement for external events and media contacts
- Provide high level advice and guidance to the senior management team on PR initiatives and reputation management
- Establish close working relationships with key partners and an understanding of the Mind Candy’s business, culture and position in the wider market
- Provide 'hands on' advice and guidance on high concern communications, reputational risk and crisis situations if and when they arise.
- Manage consumer public relations efforts to secure placement in national, local, and business media for the Company in the most cost effective manner
- Partner with the leadership team to understand business strategies, and develop PR strategies that complement and align to the overall vision.
- Lead day-to-day PR efforts and direct public relations strategy and implementation, including external media interaction, placement decisions, and budget management. Field press inquiries and work to secure positive national, local and business media on behalf of the company.
- Follow trends in national, local, and business media as they relate to our industry, our business, competitors, and the industry in general. Educate company leadership on key issues being discussed externally, and how they may impact our business.
- Serve as company spokesperson as appropriate
- Results-oriented, positive attitude, self-starter, diplomatic, high energy and well-organized
- Excellent communication skills, articulate clearly both with the written and spoken word
- Ability/experience to provide counsel and recommendations to senior management concerning strategic PR decisions
- Ability to plan, organize and quickly shift priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to juggle more than one multi-faceted project at a time
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage ambiguity, produce solutions from concept to final deliverables and communicate across diverse audiences and at all levels
- Ability to translate business unit strategies into effective public relations strategies.
- Knowledge of current and emerging communications and technology approaches (blogs, wikis, etc.)
- Quick learner
- Team player
- Extensive experience in public relations within a high growth and change oriented environment. Ability and interest to “roll up your sleeves” and work within all levels of our organization.
In your application, please include a cover letter informing us why you believe you match the description together with your CV.
Closing Date: 3rd May 2013