Communications Assistant - Charity
Our client is looking for an experienced Communications Assistant to assist their communications team in the planning and delivery of a yearly programme of external communications and marketing activity.
Our client is one of the UK’s largest and most successful occupational charities providing support to current, former and retired civil servants and their dependants, who find themselves in difficulties.
Salary: £19,500 - £21,200 pa
Location: Cheam, Surrey
This is a varied and busy role in a dynamic and forward looking charity. As well as providing administrative support, you’ll be helping the team coordinate marketing competitions, assisting with our social media activity and in the delivery and writing of their beneficiary case studies.
You should be a proactive individual, have an interest in the charity sector and an understanding of, and enthusiasm for, creative communications and online marketing, as well as an interest in social media marketing.
Well-developed written and oral communication skills are essential as well as a passion for building and developing effective working relationships internally and externally.
Key Skills required for the role:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in supporting publicity / e-communication campaigns.
- Experience in communications, journalism, digital media or in a similar role.
- Comprehensive computer skills including proficiency in at least one publishing software.
- Strong people and facilitation skills.
- A team player who communicates readily and shares learning with colleagues.
- Creative and able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- A flexible approach and a pro-active attitude.
Closing date for applications is 24th February 2014.
Interviews will be held week commencing 3rd March 2014.
TO APPLY AND FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Please click the apply button to request an information pack
- You will then receive an e-mail from CHM Recruit with further details on who the Employer is, including a link to their website
- Once you have visited the Employer’s website, please follow their instructions on how to complete the application
- Please note the job board may ask to upload your CV to register, but you will be required to complete an application form from the Employer’s website.
The Charity values a diverse workforce and they welcome applications from all sections of the community.
No agencies please.