Communications Manager - Innovative, International Law Firm
Frustrated that you’re spread too thinly in an agency but keen to keep a broad and interesting mix of work? This is a fantastic chance to get under the skin of communications at a leading law firm, encompassing both media relations and strategic communications initiatives, with lots of scope for progression and development.
This is a hugely respected, international law firm that are carving a name for themselves as real thought leaders and innovators in the legal field. They are a collection of some of the UKs top legal brains and are consummate professionals but also are open and flexible to new ideas. The Partners at this law firm engage in communications and many are also on board with social media strategy; this is a law firm not afraid to get their voice out there.
Key challenges and opportunities in this PR Manager - Leading Innovative Law Firm role:
- Leading both proactive and reactive media relations programmes firm wide. This includes spotting opportunities to get the Partners out in the media and commenting on current and relevant issues.
- Managing two junior colleagues to ensure effective delivery and running of thought leading campaigns as well as ensuring effective media strategies are in place.
- Managing and delivering the social media and digital communications for the Firm. This will also involve some education for internal stakeholders and up skilling colleagues.
- Project management of some of the key initiatives being rolled out that will really position this law firm as the thought leaders they are.
- Build and manage relationships with the external PR agencies to ensure effective delivery on all PR and communications programmes.
- Stakeholder management, a vital part of the role and you’ll need to be an exceptional communicator.
Key attributes and experience for this PR Manager - Leading Innovative Law Firm role:
- It is essential you have strong experience working in a well-known PR agency either currently or in a previous role. Ideally you will be at Account Director level and be working on recognised, international professional services clients.
- Be a media relations guru. This role requires someone who can forge exceptional partnerships with journalists and manage a reactive press office but also someone with an eye for an opportunity.
- Team management. You will not only be providing guidance and mentoring junior team members but will be a key influencer within the business so you should have experience of working with multiple stakeholders.
- Be highly organised and an excellent project manager, having the mind set to manage large scale projects within a professional services environment
- Have the digital know-how. We are looking for candidates with strong exposure to digital communications and social media channels so you must be highly proficient in Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Be creative and a thought leader. This company is highly innovative so they need you to be too! People who are bright and think beyond the norm tend to do really well here.
- Be a people person. This role requires lots of interaction and hard work so you need to be someone who can get along with others and work autonomously.
To be considered for this PR Manager - Leading Innovative Law Firm role please click to apply: