BLUE Communications is a leading global public relations and strategic communications consultancy specialising in the shipping and marine, and energy and offshore industries. The company is looking for an ambitious Account Director to join its headquarters in Oxford.
The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering world-class communication programmes for our growing roster of global clients, which include the UK Hydrographic Office, Protection Group International, Wärtsilä, International Paint, Ardmore Shipping and Parker Hannifin. More specifically, the candidate will lead the PR team for the Carbon War Room account, the NGO founded by Sir Richard Branson.
As a young company that is growing at pace, BLUE offers significant opportunities for long-term career development and international travel. Not only will the successful candidate play a leading role on client accounts, but they will also be encouraged to join the management board and to be involved in shaping the future direction and growth of the company.
Applicants should have the following essential attributes:
- At least five years PR / communications experience
- A talent for fostering and managing strong client relationships
- Impressive, flexible writing skills and experience
- A detailed understanding of media mechanics, digital media platforms and a passion for helping clients to understand and leverage social media
- Previously experience within a media-related role, with a flair for building top-tier journalist relationships
- Be commercially astute in running client accounts and pursuing new business opportunities
- Possess the confidence and ability to proactively engage with stakeholders and engage ‘with industry’
- Experience in managing junior members of staff
- Experience in designing and delivering impactful, creative and effective communication programmes and campaigns
- An ambitious ‘self starter’, have a hunger to succeed and grasp complex subjects quickly.
The company is interested in applications from all talented individuals with a demonstrable enthusiasm for shaping communications, however agency experience is preferable.