In-house PR Manager - Media
This is a really exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in the UK media market, working with three distinct target audiences; media owners, media agencies and advertising clients. In recent years they have expanded, forming a holding company that invest in and acquires businesses with a media and tech focus.
They are currently looking for a talented PR and Communications professional to join the team and support the company's rapid expansion. The role will be split between PR and Communications activity for both the media company (75%), and the rapidly expanding investment division (25%).
- Handle inbound media inquiries as well as proactive outreach/media awareness efforts.
- Build and maintain strong media relationships with top tier and key media trade titles to facilitate proactive and reactive messaging and media management.
- Raise awareness - locally and globally - of the investment company's capital and expertise in the media field and global network, presenting further investment opportunities in target media
- Raise profile of key personnel (i.e. MD / CEO).
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of media events, roundtables and press conferences.
- Develop PR materials, media briefing documents, press releases and manage spokesperson database including biographies and photography archive.
- Input into social media strategies.
The ideal candidate:
- Solid professional experience in media relations and communications with a proven record of developing a relevant contact network
- Understanding of the b2b media landscape essential, preferably with experience of working with media & marketing and tech clients
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, with a creative PR approach
- Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritise while working on multiple projects
- Confident and able to build strong relationships with both internal teams and journalists
- Adept at implementing and reporting on social media strategies