Corporate Media Relations Manager
I am working with an established consumer goods company with start-up roots and an exciting, entrepreneurial company culture. We’re looking for a resilient, flexible Corporate Media Relations Manager to work alongside the Communications Director in overseeing the day-to-day operational work of the global team. You will be responsible for helping establish a proactive communications office as opposed to a reactive press office, whilst providing strategic and operational advice to senior colleagues. Confidence operating alongside Director-level colleagues is therefore essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to take ownership of the media work and act as liaison to the company’s combined corporate and public affairs agencies across Europe. This company is well-known for its fantastic fast-paced culture, along with some brilliant benefits. If you’d like to work for a brand that is passionate about enabling everyone to have an impact on the company’s growth and evolution, then this could be the ideal fit.
- Continuing the change in the culture of the media team away from a reactive press office to a proactive communications office
- Assisting the Communications Director in coordinating and managing the media work globally
- Implementing systems to ensure appropriate measurement of output and throughput from the agencies
- Take responsibility for the media planning and training of all senior spokespeople
- Lead proactive corporate media campaigns that execute in line with the company’s business objectives
Key skills & experience:
- Highly media-savvy
- Experience designing and executing successful combined PR-PA campaigns
- Demonstrable background within high-profile media relations and crisis communications
- Track record of getting the best out of an agency or a team
- Proactive approach with ability to spot news stories prior to publication
- Ability to work under pressure, often to changing and simultaneous deadlines
- Ability to operate independently and deputise for the Communications Director
- Experience of high-growth, fast-paced environments
- A self-starter who is comfortable with constant change
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Natalie Charlesworth at email@example.com quoting reference NC19382.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup.com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.