Interim Media and Communications Officer - 8 month FTC (mat cover)
This leading trade association represents one of the UK’s most high profile and regulated global industries. Their sector is a major contributor to the UK economy with an inspiring story around people. There is now an opportunity to join this organisations dynamic communications team.
Reporting to the Head of Media Relations, as Interim Media and Communications Officer you will carry out the day-to-day proactive and reactive media relations, social media, campaign management and digital support for the for the organisation.
Key duties and responsibilities;
- Reacting and responding to journalist enquiries, breaking news, Government announcements and other external events and activities
- Delivering proactive media relations and communications activities in support of the corporate affairs plan
- Supporting the Head of Media Relations in developing and delivering the media relations strategy
- Media monitoring, analysis and reporting for the senior team
- Developing and maintaining good working relationship with key media contacts
- Producing media briefings, speeches, blogs and other communications for spokespeople including the CEO, Directors and other senior colleagues
- Contributing to crisis media management as appropriate
- Designing and delivering social media content and campaigns
- Designing and delivering member communications
- Delivering media and communications support for events, including the annual conference
- Developing and uploading engaging and accessible web content for the corporate affairs team and other colleagues
- Administration of the website
- Providing media and public relations advice to senior colleagues
- Supporting the Head of Media to deliver branded publications
- Participating in an out-of-hours media enquiries rota
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience and demonstrable skills:
- Knowledge of UK media and experience of working with the UK media in either a professional journalism or press office role
- Working understanding of social media e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn and its benefits for media relations and broader communications/engagement
- Working understanding of website content management systems and copywriting for web
- Well organised, able to prioritise workloads, with a good eye for detail
- Excellent administrative skills
- Background in health and or a good understanding of the media and political landscape affecting UK healthcare industry is desirable.
To Apply for this position please click on the Apply for this Role button and submit a copy of your CV ensuring that you quote DM-1702-4242 in the subject line of your application.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Corporate Communications Senior Account Executive Associations / Institutions jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Corporate Communications Senior Account Executive Government jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Corporate Communications Senior Account Executive Healthcare jobs in London (Central)