Corporate PR Manager - litigation, board room fraud, cyber security, Brexit issues
1 day left
- Contract Type
This leading ambitious US law firm has it all on offer. They have beautiful offices all over the globe and they are looking for an experienced PR Manager or Corporate Agency Account Director to lead on promoting two fast growing and successful practices - litigation and cyber security. This is a newly formed role working with two impressive senior communications operators who are amazing mentors. You will be expected to stand on your own two feet and develop the programmes and implement them. The great thing about this law firm is that they value comms, now that’s not to say that you won’t have to influence but there is a strong emphasis on getting the partners out in the media and producing interesting content and thought leadership. There is a need for a proactive individual to join the team, take ownership and help promote these practice which are very important and growing for the business. Working as part of a wider comms and branding team you will work with various platforms and teams including social media, webcasts, podcasts to convey the company’s content. If you are a PR Manager or agency Account Director looking to ‘own’ the PR for key parts of the business and love talking ‘business issues’ then get in touch.
This high profile US law firm based in great offices in the City of London is having a sensational success internationally and is widely acknowledged for it. They are a major player and far from the usual law firm, having invested heavily in communications and representing an exciting place to work as they do things differently. Conversely to what most people think about law firms, the amount of dry work is very minimal within this organisation as they promote their view on business issues across Brexit, Cyber security, financial technology and high profile litigation. The company is filled with high performers who share a collegiate and friendly attitude towards work. They wins lots of awards in recognition of their pro bono efforts and work on behalf of various charities. The communications team is very close knit who value teamwork yet will offer you a great amount of autonomy to bring your ideas to the table.
Key challenges and opportunities in PR Manager role:
- This newly formed role will lead the communications for litigation and financial regulation
- Opportunity to make an impact and stand out within the firm by bringing your ideas to the table
- Make a quiet and understated start and gradually build your credibility with some quick wins
- Scope to build out the role and develop your skills across the comms disciplines
- You must be interested in business and UK business issues as you will voice opinions on cyber security, Brexit and litigations.
- There is lots of support available in the communications team
- If you are moving from a listed or privately owned company to a partnership, it will be a significant change as your influencing skills come to the forefront
Key attributes and experience for this PR Manager role:
- Must be an excellent writer who is capable to influence, charm and gradually win the trust of senior stakeholders
- High performing, solutions focussed individual with the ability to communicate across teams
- A credible individual able to provide counsel to senior stakeholders and management
- Current national and business media contacts are preferred – litigation exposure/experience would be a huge plus
- Currently working as a corporate communications/PR Manager or corporate agency Account Director ready to take on more responsibility
- Due to the nature of the work it is likely that you are familiar with Financial services and Professional services.
- Backgrounds within large, well-recognised companies are preferred.
To be considered for this PR Manager role please click to apply.
For more details on this role and similar roles, contact Sarah Leembruggen on 020 7559 6598 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website for our newest in-house and agency positions -