Part-Time Communications Manager | Stoke Mandeville Spinal Research
(Reg Charity No 1116574)
£13-£16 per hour | circa 20 hours a week
Mainly office based with option for occasional home-working.
Start Date Autumn 2017
Stoke Mandeville Spinal Research is an independent charity (Reg Charity No 1116574) based at the National Spinal Injuries Centre, Stoke Mandeville Hospital. The charity is dedicated to improving the day to day quality of life for people living with spinal cord injury. Our research aims to:
- Alleviate and prevent the chronic medical complications of spinal cord injury eg, pain, pressures sores and urinary tract infections
- Test and validate assistive technology to improve neurorehabilitation and everyday life
- Ensure every person with spinal cord injury realizes their true potential in life
This is an exciting time to join Stoke Mandeville Spinal Research in the newly created position of Communications Manager. This is a pivotal role which will help build on the success of the past few years of research and fundraising and allow us to maximise our potential. The role will include overseeing PR & marketing including digital channels and ensuring the SMSR brand is consistent and strong. Because this is a new position, it is ideal for someone willing to ‘roll their sleeves up’ and see an immediate positive difference as a result of their input.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be creative and innovative and have a background in communications and an understanding of marketing principles. You will also enjoy being part of a small, friendly team and enjoy the camaraderie that this brings to your work.
- To develop and deliver SMSR communications and marketing across all channels
- To develop where necessary a content strategy for use in print, social and digital channels
- To provide support to SMSR staff in the delivery of communications and ensure consistency of message
- To identify and improve promotional opportunities and tools to better raise the profile of SMSR and our activities
- To identify and coordinate all relevant exhibitions/conferences and internal/external events to promote SMSR and engage stakeholders
- To manage all proactive and reactive interactions with media
- To increase SMSR profile within the media, ensuring that we are seen as the leading charity on research for quality of life and independent living for people with SCI
- To identify and coordinate all activity with SMSR ambassadors, looking to identify new potential and opportunities for better engagement
- To develop monitoring systems to better understand the impact of our media work
- To maintain records and produce statistics of communications and marketing campaigns
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working across all print, social and digital channels
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good I.T skills
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role and wish to discuss it further, then please call Charlotte on 07792 407298 or send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Ideally you will be available for interview after the 14th September 2017.