Senior Internal Communications Manager
Senior Internal Communications Manager
Job Reference number: 13141
£35,450 to £45,964
We are looking for someone with communications experience who is interested in developing inspiring communications to a range of audiences for the Legal Aid Agency. Someone who is a talented, motivated, collaborative and creative communications professional who is keen to lead the team in developing internal communications and to support the department to define our vision, support our leadership team and respond to the needs of staff.
The team provides the agency with advice on communications plans for all areas of work; from major change programmes to email announcements in an ‘account manager’ capacity. They also maintain the LAA intranet, design and arrange events, produce weekly updates, storyboard and manage filming of corporate videos, maintain rolling news screens for offices across the country and advise all levels of staff on internal communications. The role is varied and challenging, so a capacity for adaptable working and producing high quality work to tight deadlines is vital.
You’ll have a flexible approach, a can-do attitude and excellent relationship management skills. You’ll be a pro-active, talented and motivated communications professional who has a passion for producing quality communications materials.
The post holder will:
- Play a key leadership role in ensuring the internal communications team is effective and innovative.
- Ensure effective management of the LAA programme of internal communications, including oversight of the staff intranet and being a point of contact for advice and queries from all levels of staff.
- Help co-ordinate a biannual programme of visits by the Executive Team and Senior Leadership Group to all offices of the LAA, and an annual staff awards event.
- Provide guidance to internal clients on the way messages and key themes are communicated to ensure consistency, clarity and impact.
- Advise major change programme leads on internal communications strategy and work with stakeholder communications colleagues on announcements, articles and briefs.
- Support embedding the engage for success enablers in all communications activity.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Have basic design and layout skills.
- Keep abreast of wider Government comms initiatives such as the OASIS model, GCS and MCOM best practice and personal development.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communication processes and deliver ongoing improvement.
- Maintain good relations with the Executive Team, Senior Leadership Group and wider MoJ internal communications team in an advisory and collaborative capacity.
- Work collaboratively to build effective relationships with key stakeholders in the department and in partner organisations.
Personal qualities and skills required:
- Strong planning, organisational and people skills, including delivering communication products to deadlines.
- Experience in developing and delivering effective communications strategies and plans.
- Experience of evaluating communications campaigns.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and changing deadlines.
- Strong relationship management skills, effective at negotiating and influencing at a senior level.
- Good knowledge of the communications landscape, and the role of digital communication in internal communication.
- Understand and be an advocate for the principles of staff engagement, or wish to develop experience in this area.
To find out more or apply for this vacancy please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/recruitment, follow the link ‘Apply for a Job’ and search reference 13141.
Closing date for receipt of applications is: 13 October 2017 at 23:55pm