Communications Manager – FTC
Summary of Role
This role is a 9-12 months Fixed Term Contract to cover part of the Group Director of Corporate Marketing & Communications’ remit while she is on maternity leave. It reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
We are looking for a communications professional with skills in external and internal comms, a ‘can do’ attitude, who can recognise opportunities and be quick to leverage them. Excellent writing skills, extensive media relations experience including social media and the ability to work closely with senior level executives are essential. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global publishing company on a journey to elevate their profile.
The role will focus on delivering a programme of internal and external communications activities including leadership communications, employee engagement campaigns and trade PR, and will play a key role in engaging internal and external audiences with our story.
It is a great opportunity to gain high levels of exposure to senior management and external stakeholders in the UK/US, as well as to network across all divisions and functions, gaining deep levels of business insight.
- Develop messaging, content and social strategies that helps bring to life our corporate story externally and internally, ensuring an ongoing flow of content for all key audiences, integrated with the wider comms plan. Develop and deliver a communications calendar of activities, maximising assets/news from across the business.
- Ownership of external and internal Quarto communications channels, including the Quarto.com website, corporate social media channels, intranet, monthly employee newsletter.
- Development of materials (eg press releases, talking points, etc) to support Quarto’s growth strategy and company news/initiatives throughout the year, working closely with the CEO and Leadership Team.
- Develop a bespoke media plan to maintain and enhance Quarto’s profile within the Publishing industry. Build further relationships with key UK business and trade media. Manage and deliver corporate advertising opportunities in the US/UK.
- Collaborate with Group HR to deliver the annual employee campaigns, including internal awards, Quarto Foundation and Employee Engagement Survey, and deliver the associated content.
- Collaborate with Group HR to develop our corporate and employer brand comms strategy. Drive the strategy for company blogs, corporate LinkedIn page, Glassdoor, employee profiles, speaking/campaign opportunities, etc. Find creative ways to bring the inside out.
- Manage Quarto’s external reputation, including ensuring we deliver on public external engagements (incl. the Literacy Pledge), and monitoring and leading the response to potential issues.
- Manage/update as needed Quarto corporate branding and assets.
- Effective management of budgets, keeping in regular contact with Finance controllers.
Skills & Experience
- 5 years’ experience in a relevant communications role/s
- Degree level (or equivalent) education in communications, journalism, or a related subject
- A strategic corporate storyteller you have excellent news sense and editorial planning, strong writing skills, attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative international environment, juggling numerous projects with tight deadlines.
- Ability to move effortlessly between strategy, implementation and tactical opportunities.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Ability to rapidly digest and distil complex issues and formulate strategy/responses.
- Confident, persuasive individual who is comfortable dealing with both the most senior stakeholders in the business and more junior colleagues.
- Great team player with positive and enthusiastic approach.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org