A chartered body is looking for a bright and enthusiastic Communications Manager to support in delivering the organisation’s communications strategy, plans and messaging.
Supporting the Head of Marketing and Communications the purpose of the role is bringing to life, and continually improving, our communications plan for the organisation.
- Work across the organisation and with relevant agencies, to ensure messaging alignment. This includes international messaging.
- Source and develop stories that best illustrate the purpose of the organisation and to develop a narrative to bring our strategy to life
- Work with internal teams to help develop best practice in their approach to communication, both internal and external
- Manage production and sign off of all media materials, working with internal teams
- (Content, digital marketing etc.) to ensure there is consistency of messaging to all external audiences
- Responsible for production of Annual Report and other corporate communications collateral
- Work with the rest of the team to share the story online, including through our website and social media
- Ensure an ongoing flow of exciting and inspiring content for all audiences is enabled by day to day management of the editorial calendar
- Take ownership of a number of channels and help refine and improve them in line with colleague feedback and emerging technologies
- With the support of our PR agency, report and measure all media coverage at regular intervals
- Dissemination of coverage gained across the organisation and to all key stakeholders
- Work alongside the Policy team, the wider Commercial team and the Events Manager to help plan, manage and deliver professional and inspiring external events and activities
Key skills required:
- Demonstrable successful stakeholder management skills: able to quickly and confidently establish good working relationships with key internal and external contacts at all levels, including the ability to communicate clearly and manage expectations
- Exemplary writing skills, with examples of inspiring Exec level content
- Extensive media relations capability, with provable examples of end to end ownership of campaigns
- Social media and digital savvy,
- Agency management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including advanced copy-writing and proofreading skills
- Experience in planning and writing communications plans
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.