Director - Corporate Communications, Top PR Agency, London
Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with global markets, challenger brands, NGOs, individuals and industry bodies.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile companies and some of the most exciting entrants to the market.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
To build upon Portland's excellence reputation in the UK and win new business for the organisation. To increase the number of retained corporate communications clients and consistently deliver exceptional client work.
The role will form part of Portland's Senior Leadership Group (SLG) and will report to one of seven UK Partners.
- To originate new retained corporate communications briefs
- To lead large and complex pieces of client work and to develop a portfolio of approximately £1 million per annum
- Lead and develop account teams
- Line manage senior members of the management group
- To oversee the successful delivery of high quality client work
- To maximise profitability of accounts
- To work with others across the company to deliver the best possible results for clients, providing an integrated service and making the best of all Portland’s capabilities
- To contribute to the overall direction of the practice
This role requires a commercial and numerically literate individual.
- A commercial self-starter with a broad corporate communications agency background
- Significant consultancy and client management experience. Proven ability to build relationships and spot opportunities
- Strong knowledge of, and interest in, the UK political landscape
- Proven experience of leading high profile accounts and used to managing large accounts of c£250k
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Director (In-House) Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Industrial Director (In-House) Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Director (In-House) Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Government Director (In-House) Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Director (In-House) Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)