Professional Communications Manager
Professional Communications Manager
Our Group Finance business has a requirement for a Professional Communications Manager (Financial Reporting) to join the team in London. To be considered for this role, candidates must have previous experience in the design and production of annual reports and accounts as well as excellent communication skills.
- Project management of the group’s annual report and accounts and analyst pack process to ensure timely and accurate release, including professional communications (printed, digital, building graphics and related media).
- Engagement and relationship management of key internal and external stakeholders in the production process, including collating and management of feedback between CEO, CFO, Communications, Risk, Legal, Finance, external design and production company, and external auditors.
- Liaison with the group’s design agency project management team to design, implement, monitor and communicate the schedules relating to the annual report, analyst pack and related communications. This would include the co-ordination of meetings and logistics between internal and external stakeholders, such as agencies, content providers and printers.
- Input into the annual report’s design process, including guidance on themes and current hot topics.
- Management of the annual report verification sign-off process, including liaising with external auditors, legal and financial verification teams, Legal and Board Support.
- Project and timetable management of the group’s remuneration process and Directors’ Remuneration Report, which will include applying a process of continuous improvement to the current plan as well as managing risks and issues identified with suitable mitigations in order to drive the project forward. This will also include the collection, assignment and application of lessons learnt following project completion.
- Timetable management of other external reporting regulatory and statutory submissions throughout the year, including interim analyst pack and financial statements, PRA returns and credit ratings analysis.
- Own or take a significant role in similar ad-hoc projects as directed by the Head of Group Regulatory and Statutory Reporting, or other senior management.
- Maintain a business partnering relationship between Group Regulatory and Statutory Reporting and key contacts in the business units to ensure a wider understanding of the business at a Group level and to enable better challenge and review to be applied to business unit deliverables during the reporting cycles.
- Previous project management of production of annual report and accounts of FTSE 100 group, preferably from the financial services sector.
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised, efficient with strong project management skills
- Ability to influence peers and senior management and build strong relationship within the team and outside.
- Good understanding of external reporting requirements (e.g. FRC reporting guidelines) and proactive approach to investigating and understanding changing reporting requirements and ability to understand the impact on the business.
- An understanding of IFRS and Solvency II requirements is preferred.
- Open, actively seek to discuss issues and share information
- Ability to analyse problems and propose solutions
- Ability to create and deliver clear and concise written and verbal reports
- Accounting knowledge or experience useful.
- Knowledge of file transfer and editing tools useful.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.