Intern-to-Account Executive - Crisis Communications, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is an international communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
At Portland, we know that legal disputes make headlines and impact on reputation, which has taken years to build. Portland offers clients reliable support throughout the litigation process.
We understand the complexities and legal imperatives around our clients’ issues. Our expert team in litigation communications, led by a former barrister and made up of experienced consultants who have worked on the front line across Westminster, Capitol Hill, Fleet Street and industry, specialise in defining clear and engaging communications strategies that support your legal strategy.
We are looking for an Intern-to-Account Executive with proven experience of supporting international communications for a diverse range of clients. The right candidate will also have specialist knowledge of political issues within the Middle East and the role soft power can play in country positioning. You will be a ‘digital’ native and understand the role digital communications plays in the wider communications mix.
- Our clients value our strategic approach to securing them coverage that makes their case eloquently in the media, and to stakeholders and influencers
- We are looking for someone to provide day-to-day support on a number of projects for one of our key accounts in the Middle East, supporting the creation of bespoke communications strategies, managing media relations and researching stakeholders
- This role will focus on accounts within our International Affairs team with a focus on the Middle East. The successful applicant may be required to support other teams across a range of clients, issues and disciplines
- Acting as a project support officer to ensure project implementation both in-country and from our London office
- Assisting in the project management and delivery of digital projects for key client accounts
- Training staff and building capacity in digital resources
- Drafting and selling in press releases and news stories to leading international media in Arabic, French and English markets
- Managing reactive media relations activity
- Supporting the creation of media and stakeholder engagement strategies
- Responding quickly and accurately to journalist and client requests
- Organising events, press conferences, photo calls etc
- Maintaining regular communication with clients and attending meetings
- Drafting contact reports and agendas for client meetings English
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- You must have a degree, with a minimum classification of 2:1 or equivalent. This is likely to be in a research-oriented social science or the arts with a particular focus on the Middle East e.g. politics, economics, geography
- Have detailed knowledge of Middle East governmental structures and processes, preferably derived from working within Middle Eastern country or government body
- Have expert knowledge of international political issues. (an understanding of key political developments in the Middle East and surrounding region would be beneficial)
- Be willing to spend long periods of time on engagement in the Middle East as directed
- Have previous experience in digital communications
- Have experience developing and maintaining digital platforms, preferably in multiple languages.
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.